Sunday, February 13, 2011

leaving

I hate the actual leaving of the ship. You have 800 things you have to get done in a 24 hour period on top of packing. I hate the luggage stuff-(company losing your shitand trying to find it), immigration, airport check-ins, oh and I won't forget the obscene about I have to pay to check two bags. I hate the whole process of the airports. Inspections, the cloth bomb test bs, and the worst...the waiting for your flight.

The process started off blah. Immigration at 530am. Than we started to leave the ship, and I didn't get to say bye to joe yet. I was first and he ended up being last in line for customs. They physically pulled me out of the line to go first. The one time I wanted to wait in line(because of joe) is the time they take americans first. Just when I grabbed my stuff to get in line to get off the ship to leave for the airport he just got back on the ship. I got my goodbye hugs and kisses. :-)

Once off the ship you gotta search for your luggage...mine always gets lost. Oi. So my one bag was right where is supposed to be, but the other one was at the other end of the terminal. My annoyance began at 730am for the day.

My flight is at 340pm. Any flight before 4pm -princess(at least the caribbean princess) has you off the ship and off to the airport at like 730am. I have a Huge wait time. Boooooooo!

I was hoping the bus ride to the airport was gonna be long...ten minutes. Booooo.

I paid $30 for each bag. My one bag was over weight, and they tried to make me pay $50 extra. Than one dude was like oh its actually $100 extra. Needless to say I found my way out of that. I basically said I'm not paying it. Not after I paid for $60 for two bags. They eventually gave in.

Security here moved like molasses. They did the lovely x-ray scan...which I just don't get. And than the bomb test stuff.

Than I was off to my lovely, long, painful wait to board my first flight.

Thankfully I don't have to go to far to get home. The crew who have full on full day flight connecting two three times, I don't know how they put up with it. Lol

Almost home!

No comments:

Post a Comment