Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Zipline adventure... The usual in Ketchikan.



So, this time in Ketchikan I had ziplining.


I say ziplining is the usual because it like in almost every port that I’ve been to thus far while working on ships. Videographers cannot avoid the zipline. Lol. I have ziplined I think 8 to 10 times now.


I had this tour last year. This time around I was in a better mood, and more at ease (last year it was at the end of my contract-if that gives you perspective on where my head was the last time I did this tour.) I also had better guides. They were fun, entertaining guys. The one actually helped to rig the camera on me. Last time they just gave me a hard time. My Senior gave me a hard time about how I shouldn’t take the big camera. F-that. I did. Lol. So…all in all a way better experience. ☺



It wasn’t raining in Ketchikan. Although when I left the ship, it was raining in the morning and my thoughts were like….”oy! This is gonna be a challenging tour.” But the rain stopped, and it ended up being a nice day. Not cold at all, a bit cloudy, but good.

I got stuck with only two other ppl in my ziplining group. But I did get everyone in the edit. My edit worked out nice. At the end of the Zipline they gave you this cool lil metal...a cool free souvenir. When they presented it, it made for a nice ending for my edit.



I used two cameras. I used the regular big camera, the GoPro camera. It’s a pretty cool lil camera. I do like the video it gives. My senior gave me a hard time like I mentioned before about just taking the GoPro camera. Well me, and knowing how I want my edits to go, I wanted more options besides just this wide-angle camera. So, I kinda went against wishes, and did me. Of course always gotta be the rebel. Lol. I ended up using only a couple clips from the GoPro. It was my first time out with it, so I’m glad I took both cameras. I def will be using it more though.



I really like doing tours in Alaska. I like seeing random animals. Everyone goes nuts for bears, the American Bald Engles(which I see them every time I’m out), and whales. We were driving up to the place where we zipline, and I saw the dorsal fin of an Orca whale. It was really close to shore too. Really cool! ) Sorry, I always get excited to see killer whales.) Than there was this tree where all these eagles just chill. Like 9 or so on this one tree. It’s cool to see, no matter how often I do get to see them. The scenery and nature is always just great! Alaska's tree is the Sitka Spruce. Thats the rings of one. I dont know call me a nerd...I'm throughly entertained by this stuff. lol





After my tour I had to mail something. So, I had to go through this one store to get to the post office. And I noticed the register, and this white thing on the ground. I came to realize it was a Husky, just chilling there on the floor with the guy that works there. So…I took a pic. Lol. ☺ the guy thought I was probably weird, but I thought what I saw would only be seen in a place like Alaska. To me I feel like I captured their culture in this pic.



No comments:

Post a Comment