Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yup -Doing it again,


Well I know many people were not expecting this...For me to be back on the ship.

I have a ton of reasons.

1. I need a constant paycheck....or else I'd like a constant flow of money coming in.

doing freelance, it gets tiring to be constantly looking for work.

2. I got the travel itch once again. The same reason as last time. I can only stay at home with normal video jobs for so long. The residue of my India trip lasted awhile, and Working for DRC while traveling was nice, but I didn't work for them every week to keep the money coming in.

3. Yes, my Bf is on a ship.

Yes, those were the 3 main reasons for going back again. Money, Travel, and Love.

I'm on the Sea Princess. Its in Alaska Now, but It will (at the end of my contract) be heading to New Zealand! That pretty much was the deal breaker. I got on this ship...by luck and hard work. I know some might be saying "oh if it was luck, than whats with the hard work"? well The junior Videographer that join...literally got fired a cruise later. that was the luck part. The work part was just getting me to a ship period. oi. A lot of administrative stuff to go through. I didn't know that I was gonna get the Sea. Ben(big time boss) told me they might be sending me to the dawn. so, I was looking forward to that.



The ship is smaller. which made it a bit challenging to get around the first few days. I like it though. I think the ship looks funny. The gallery is really nice and organized. The best thing: THE EDIT SUITE IS NOT A SHOEBOX!!!! My senior is ok. A girl actually. I'm use to guys all the time. so the switch is nice. But she leaves in july. So only an other month than someone totally different will come and change everything.



I did some tours already! the two i went on were pretty cool. In Sitka I did a city tour and this russian Dance performance. It was alright. I did Whale Watching yesterday. Finally saw Orca Whale. I finished my edit today. I will post the video soon!

Ok, I will be taking pics and keeping everyone posted on everything as I live it. lol.

-Amber

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber, thank you for posting your adventure with us. I'm also planning to get aboard, I already applied to North Sea Marine Services Corporation.

    ReplyDelete