Sunday, August 22, 2010

better ...so far

I woke up in a better mood. That is a good sign.

Last night I was invited out by my roommate. I didn't go up to the bar. I just am not feeling the drinking, to be honest. when she got back I guess she went with a bunch of other photogos. I guess because I'm a new joiner I was supposed to be up there partying. everyone I heard was asking where I was.

I am talking a teeny tiny bit more. I'm just glad I got out of that mood quickly.

Good news! I don't have to wait a week to to get out on ports. :-) Because I'm an American I don't have to do immigration. They did that on the Golden, but thankfully its different on this ship. So. I will be out and about tomorrow in Boston.

We were in Newport Rhode Island. It was really crappy out. It's raining right now. The ship's anchor got suck. We got delayed a tiny bit. I think they mentioned having a diving team go, and check things out. All is well now.

Yeah, the showers were not as bad as everyone said they were. Totally fine. not the hottest shower in the world, but it's not as bad as they made it seem. Just that in itself made me think this isn't gonna be as bad as I thought it was, referring to this whole contract in general.

My senior ... it seems like he hates everything. He's really nice, upbeat and all that...he just says everything sucks-shooting wise. I had to shoot sailaway. He said it was a really sucky time. blah blah blah. I shot it going in FML, after everything was said and done, I was like yeah I've had worse.
lol

just a bunch of negative Nancy's

There is this new system. videographers have to fill this thing out tracking everything we do...every 15 minutes. lovely right? just one more thing I have to track...it's a tedious task.Its just like an ILO. Instead of just marking when we work, and rest this one has us put in codes describing exactly what we did during our work hours. We have to do this for 3 weeks. I guess some videographers on other ships were complaining about doing more work or whatever. so some guy was hired to track the efficiency of the video team fleet wide.

I have to shoot champagne waterfall in an hour. My least favorite event. I have to run two cameras by myself. my senior has to shoot a happy gay wedding. I say it like that cause every 5 seconds he says "hehehehe I have to shoot a happy gay wedding." laughter to follow. yeah ...I wonder about him. lol


I think it's going to be fine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment