Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Funny thing about ships

I think there are funny things that go along with ships.

I guess yesterday I wasn't feeling very...happy. I was in a bit of a blah mood. Although my night got better once I started working. See! Thats how I know I'm in the right field. I'm happy WHILE working. But to get back to that funny subject matter. Once I got on the ship after being uber excited, I immediately got in this i don't want to be here attitude. I don't know why. Maybe it was because I found out that half the team was leaving in a cruise or two. I didn't want to make the effort to get to know them. I don't know, I just couldn't be bothered.

Meeting new ppl and getting to know them means you have to always do your fair share of talking about yourself. something I really have grown sick of doing. When I'm back home I get ask 18 million questions about me, what my job is, how great it is, how did I get this job, and than my film/production background. I get sick of repeating it allllllll the time. on ships its the same...just different content is discussed. Where am I from, how long have I been doing ships, what my position is, do i have a bf, when do I leave. I was not in any mood to talk about me to anyone. So, in result I have been keeping to myself a bit. NOT really Amber-esq.

Last night I was talking to my roommate a bit more. thankfully about work stuff. (I am finding out my senior is a bit contradictory...about everything. lol. The whole being upbeat about being negative that I mentioned in an earlier post was exactly the thing the junior before me mentioned. my roommate had a laugh. lol) But i was wandering and just finally had a conversation with someone. I am slowly coming into my own. when done at my own pace it works out. :-)


The funny thing about ships---meeting new ppl requires you to know yourself a bit more than average. Which is a good thing....and bad thing.





**note to sister----eat lots of sweet for me. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment