Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Backroads of Kaua’i













Even with the weather being crappy out from the start of the cruise and even in all the ports…Kaua’I was no exception to this, it rained pretty heavy in the morning, but even with it being horrible out I was looking forward to my tour. I absolutely love Kaua’I.

This tour was pretty cool. We went to Kilohana crater. The ride up was awesome, crazy backroads for real. Very small, muddy, rocky, rainy roads. The rain was coming down hard, but I still busted out my camera and tried to get some kind of shot. Not much to look at, but I got drenched like standing in the rain for like two minutes. I love how the passengers will bend over backwards for me. They always want to help me out. This lady was like oh I’ll hold an umbrella for you. Now even with that I got drenched. Lol. The rain stopped once we were out of the mountains. I mean we were right at the place that apparently is the wettest spot in the world. They get like 700 inches a rain a year or something like that.

Then we went to Spouting Horn. I saw the chickens again. I don’t know why but I like how they are all around in Kaua’i. We took a drive around a couple places. A couple of different beaches, neighborhoods. There is this village/town that’s placed in a crater. Now I guess its most expensive to live there cause in the summers its gets wicked hot and in the crater there is no air flow, like no breezes from the ocean, so the bills are so much higher. These neighborhoods are crazy nice too.

We made this one stop in front if this house and we got to see a Rainbow Eucalyptus tree!!! This was like the highlight of my day. I took a few pictures. It was amazing to me that something like that exists!! It peels everyday and new colors reveal. Its nuts!! There is like purple and blue! Sorry I just love how I got to see something like this.

We went to this one beach, its pretty exclusive. Its on a privately owned land from what I understand. Absolutely beautiful. We went for a small hike, I always like hiking in Kaua’i. Its funny cause in Maui, Stephen is all about the snorkeling, but I prefer the hiking and all that to snorkeling. It didn’t start out that way for me though.

Anyway along this hike it was just really cool. Too many things to capture. At the end of the hike when you reach the top of this small area, the view is … it ends up being this spot where you could sit for hours and just be there and just be you. No music, book, or anything to distract you. You can just be. It’s one of those places. It sucks I had like 5 minutes to capture all I could and than peace out. By this time I tend to fall behind the group cause I stop and film every 5 feet. Lol. Not to mention takes stills as well. So, than I like ran back cause if I make the group late someone might get pissed and I’ll get written up for it. Not to mention the shore ex manager will like me even less.

I got back and they were just concerned about if I got a good shot, or not of what they saw and experienced. And of course I did. ☺

On our ride back to the ship we got to go through this tunnel that was built basically to transport sugar cane cheaper, and easier than going over the hills. That was really cool.

Kaua’I is always fun times ☺



Jen likes to ignore my phone calls. Bad sister…bad. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment