Monday, March 29, 2010

Kilauea Volcano






Last cruise, my tour for Hilo was to go to Kilauea Volcano. I was uber excited. I cant help it, I get excited for certain tours!! Hilo and Nawiliwili are my favorite ports. KAua’I is still my favorite island.

Now I got to go to see a vent of the volcano. No live lava flow, only because they stopped tours that get up close and personal to the lava flow. There are stupid people that actually look at it, and from pictures and videos I’ve seen it is amazing, I could imagine what I would feel like seeing it in person. But they get so … I don’t know, maybe the best word is hypnotized by seeing this lava, and they want to touch it. Really! Its 2000 degrees and they want to touch it. yeah it looks cool, but c’mon lets be real here. Lol.

There are certain areas that the lava goes, you can go on hikes and get a look at it. The tour guide I had said he goes hiking every week at the Volcano National park and he doesn’t get to see lava all the time, but he did the last week that we went. It was going across this road apparently. I thought that was awesome.

I got to go to the museum, I love learning about all this stuff. Yes, I am a dork. Lol . We stopped at a steam vent as well. Than I got to do a quick hike in a lava tube. That was really cool as well. so many people though, ☹

Hopefully my next tour I will get to get on the helicoptor tour. Stephen put in for it, so who knows. I hope so. ☺


jen you are lame. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment