Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hilo






The tour I did in Hilo was awesome!! I did the Hilo Bay Kayak Adventure. It was about 3.5 miles.

The weather wasn’t the best. But that was the reason why it was so awesome!! It was a bit cold, and it just got done raining when I got off the ship. So I was like oh no.

We got to the bay which wasn’t too far. It got sunny and I was felt like yay all is well. We got in the kayaks. They were two-person kayak. Sit on top type. I was paired up with this funny guy. Good people on my tour.

We started out in the small bay to kinda test things out, than we went out into the real ocean part. It was really choppy. We all saw the this huge storm coming in. it started sprinkling a little bit. Than it hit. We were kayaking in a crazy storm with this huge waves! It was super fun!! My kayak was the only one that didn’t flip over. The kayaks were hitting some pretty big waves. It was so cool. Than we went to this cool area were all these trees were and water falls. It was just amazing. I saw my first sea turtle too. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment