Tuesday, October 12, 2010

journey to Salem!

This past boston I headed to Salem, Massachusetts! Not on a tour, a journey on my own.

I loved it!! It made me think I wasn't working and living on a ship. It was weird, I was just being me, no camera, tripod, or worries about getting the right shot. It was kinda weird not having my video camera though, I'm not gonna lie to you.

Salem, is about 16 miles away from where the ship docks in Boston. So, the first thing I needed to do was find a map, and find out just how I'd get myself there AND Back in time.

I love taking the train. I figured it out quick. I had to get to south station. Got there, than I had to figure out how to get to north station. So from south station I had to get the red line, than get to the orange line to north station. From there I had to catch the train to get to salem. Worked out quite well. The ride was only like half hour. Really quick.

I had about two and half hours to roam around. I still feel like I didn't see all I wanted. I went into a lot of shops. Lots of gifts shops, and pagan good shops. I got this really magnet, and a magnet for my mom. I wanted a shirt, but I don't really get into location wear really. Although I did really think twice about getting a hoody that had salem on it. Lol I did get my usual post cards. I sent one out straight away to a good friend. I needed this person to get one from here! I got these cool glittery ones. Lol hey they looked cool. Don't make fun of how girlie it is. Hahaha.

I got a psychic reading too. It was quite scary-dead on! . Lol she was really cool. My family was talked about a lot. Of course my family was really curious about the reading too. Lol

I got ice cream there! I haven't had ice cream in ages! Coffee ice cream!!! :-D

There was this really cool, really tall witch statue chick. She scared the crap outta kids. Lol.

The place is cool, probably a lot cooler at night. They have ghost tours, haunted houses and parties every where. Sadly living and working on a ship hinder my ability to join in on any night events in port. :-(

I want to go back for sure! Maybe next October.

No comments:

Post a Comment