Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wind in my sails!

I'm in newport, RI and I did the American cup sailing tour. It was really a good time.

Normally I am weary of any type of boat tour I have to do. This sailing tour though did not get me the slightest sea sick. That made this tour that much better.

It was a small group of passengers, which usually I sell more DVDs from the intimate tours. Plus I didn't have to worry about getting interviews because I didn't have to shoot this for shorex.

It was a bit chilly, but I always welcome that. I didn't really know what I was in for. I got to see how sailing actually works. It was really cool to see. The crew was really cool too. Very personable. I guess they had a videographer from the Crown Princess yesterday.

Shooting wasn't hard either. I guess whale watching boats are the most difficult to handle physically and camera wise.

It was a pretty rough day as far as seas go. Beautiful out though. Nice chilly breeze, with the nice warm sun! Sailing feels different than other boats. Idk why.

When we were heading back it was pretty scary. Lol I had fun, but the boat was pretty much on its side. Just as far as it could without me being in the water. I was glued to this one spot. I guess the fright was plastered all over my face because the one guy that was part of the crew asked me with much concern if I was alright. Lol I loved it. I was laughing with the passengers. I would not move from my spot. being terrified with as smile is weird combo but that's what happened. Also while trying shoot. Lol It def was a thrill ride! The people on the boa-god bless em! Lol because I wouldn't have been alright with that much of a rough ride. Lol they were laughing, and everyone had such a great time.

I loved this tour. I never thought I would have liked sailing, but it was so exciting and fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment