Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A lone wanderer

At the moment I am chilling in Bar Harbor, Maine. The photo team is doing a team hike in Acadia park, while I'm sitting here relaxing with my coffee.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know, I'm doing the isolating myself thing. I will say I just do what I want, not because I'm told I should.

There is more to why I didn't go along. I've been to Acadia park many times before. It's beautiful, but this morning I did a small ocean trail hike. My tour got back at noon. The team was set to leave at 1230. I had to drop a few things off back at the ship. I got back to the pier at 1. I didn't wanna hold them up for one. I also really needed to make it to a post office to mail some things out to the family. Plus, I really can't be bothered to go hiking twice in one day, when I know I have a workout waiting for me later tonight as well.

This is time off in port I don't normally get, and I'd rather spend it my way. Selfish I know. I also might add I get to do that stuff all the time. Its my job. The photogs don't see and do what I get to all the time, so its new for them. I've hiked and seen the park many times already. Probably a couple more times before we make our way to the caribbean. I hope they have fun though. :-)

The ocean trail walk was short and sweet. The views were really great. There was some pretty good swells going on too. I enjoyed it. VERY slow pace. When the symbol on my ticket says "should be physically fit" I often go oh no, only cause when that phrased appeared on the hawaii tour ticket they were not joking! Lol. But this one was fun, and easy. I took a really cool panoramic shot...to seam together later. I look forward to seaming all these panoramics I shot. Should be a challenge, but really fun, and useful for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber, I found your blog while Googling cruise ship blogs, as I'm joining one next week as a video operator. I've never been on a ship before and am finding your posts very helpful. Enjoy the rest of your cruise! - JOANNA, ENGLAND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! That's partly why I started it! What ship are you joining, and what company!? Let me know how it goes. Blog about it. I'd like to read about my job from a different perspective!!

    ReplyDelete