Saturday, March 5, 2011

3/5 of the way there!!



my title explains it perfectly. lol.

I am currently in Kuwait waiting for my next flight, which is in about 5 or 6 more hours away. It feels like it's taking forever to get here.

Ok, why am I not in India yet? Well, lets start from the beginning.

I left BUFFALO at 444am. I caught a train to JFK. The less I fly, and the less money I spend the better. If I flew itd be like 200 more dollars. So I was like hey why not take a train?

I made it to PENN STATION with no problem. I had this ticket for a shuttle or whatever to JFK airport. On the ticket it didnt have any details on there. Checked my email, it just had the time. So, obviously I was trying to find out where I had to go to get this transportation to the airport. I went to the amtrak customer service. the lady had no idea what it was. lol she was like (in ghetto voice) "girl you go get in that line and get a refund and just take the long island rail road, and catch the airtran." I was like "ok than". lol I got in the huge ass line, and got to this guy who didn't help either. I asked him if he knew where I should go. He tried to send me back to the other lady. I also mention how the other lady told me to get a refund. Than he said a refund, and info are two different things. Obviously. lol. At this point I was like ok I'll check things out and see what I find. Nothing was found. lol So, I called a few numbers, NO one knew what I should do....besides forward me to another person, or place. So, I ended up getting a refund, and taking the train. Yes, I did follow the directions of the lady, but not in the first place....only because I wanted to know the deal about this ticket I bought online. I wasn't freaking out on time, cause I knew I had a lot of that. Made it to JFk no problem. I waited two hour to just get checked in though. Than security and all that jazz, than waited a few more hours till my flight. I also forgot to eat during all of this, so I decided to finally do that. but than on the plane they just kept throwing food at me. lol

My flight to LONDON was ok. My plane stopped in LONDON than to KUWAIT where I catch a different plane to MUMBAI. I was an in-transit passenger... but i still had to go through LONDON security. This time around I wasn't pissed. When I left the ship i was in the worst mood. lol. Mainly because they tried to charge me crazy amounts for my luggage. Flying internationally I find that they don't charge you for checked luggage. It may not be every airline.

It was funny because everyone needed to find out what gate we had to go to. This one security guy was telling everyone gate 8. well there were like 15 passengers in a row asking him. They kept asking like they didnt hear him three people in front of them, and the second person in front on them. lol. So while I was getting all my stuff together and putting in my contacts I saw all this happening. You could tell the guy was thinking...."fucking idiots". So, I looked at him and said "so, uhh what gate was it again" and laughed. I made him laugh. So, I hope it helped him out. lol.

We board the plane, it was late, and boarding took forever. We take off. I'm thinking "finally." Like 15 minutes later the captain gets on and says "We would like to ask you for your patience, we are experiencing a technical problem, and we will be landing in London Heathrow airport." I was ok at first. Than they released all of the fuel. Than I was like of "oh, jesus." It freaked me out a bit. So, there we were flying above LONDON for a half hour releasing all the fuel than we land. They wouldn't let us off. So, we sat there another 45 minutes. Than we took off finally. All of....that situation caused a massive delay of about 4 hours. I got to Kuwait an hour after my flight to MUMBAI left.

I wasn't alone though, at least 30-40 other ppl were stuck there. No flights to MUMBAI till the next day at the same time. So, they shipped us to a hotel literally at the airport. I'm not talking like across the street, or down the road. Like I can see planes take off outside my window...runway and all.




Ive kept my cool so far. its really cool though. everyone has been really nice. beside the chick at the Kuwait Airways desk explaining to all these furious passengers that there are no flights till tomorrow night, but thats acceptable. lol. ppl just would not get it. I thought she was bad ass. I didn't give her attitude. for what, ya know. yeah it sucks I missed my flight, but... not the end of the world. It did suck that Joe had to pay for changing our flights to the next day. I felt really bad, but nothing I could do about it.

It was cool when I flew into KUWAIT though. They have regular street lights in the city, but when we flew over the desert area, they had these cool fire torches. I never seen it before so I thought it was cool. oh! we flew over the Swiss Alps. That was really awesome to see!!

Scanning frenzy!! I feel like this scanning thing is out of control. I scanned to get on a plane. scanned when I got off the same plane. scanned again to get out of the airport. scanned again to enter the hotel. its just crazy.



two more flights. thankfully shorter ones. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment