Wednesday, March 2, 2011

leaving again..but not for the ship

well I'm nervous and I need to write it out.

I'm going on a trip to India. This pertains to the ship only because I am going to visit the Bf i acquired on the ship. lol.

We talked about it for months how I would come visit him. I always wanted for the longest time to go to India. Every since i crossed Australia off my list.

I applied for the visa, waited as patiently as I could. lol Got it approved. I Finally got it back, Booked my flight, and packed my things all in a matter of a couple days. Its happening really quickly... or maybe it just seems that way.

I was super excited once I got my passport back, and booked everything I needed to. That excitement has now turned into nervousness, and I have to admit I am a bit scared.

In India.... there ain't no blending in for me. if you know me you know I'm pale as sin, bright green eyes, and just ...well Amber. lol

I'm staying with Joe, and his family, so I am nervous about that as well. I tend to get uber shy around family. I remember when I went to Australia. I did not know a soul there. Got on a plane, got off a day later, and was like "ok where do I start?" This time I at least no someone, but I'll be sucked into his world rapidly. In Australia I did everything at my own pace. If I wanted to make friends, and hang out- I did. If I wanted to be alone, and wander - I did. I feel like this wont happen time, this is going to be drastically different.

This is why I travel. Each time its all very different. I learn about me what my limits are, and about the people I'm surrounded by.

After this trip my next place I really want to visit is the UK, and South Africa. :-)

I'll blog about my trip while in India. :-) So, there will be new stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment