Friday, March 18, 2011

The City






While I am in India, I am spending my time in Goa. From what Joe says Its different from the rest of India. That can be said about places in the states as well. But I wont know until I travel the rest of India. I intend to, but not on this trip.





I consider myself lucky to able to get to a know one small place like this while I am here. Usually when I travel I only spend a couple days in one place than I move onto the next. This is really nice to be able to live here.

The city, well to get around everywhere 90% of the people use Mortocycles. I really enjoy it, although traffic gets crazy! I am learning slowly how to drive the motorcycle. I like it too! I was telling Joe about how having a motorcycle in the states is more like a luxury. That’s usually someone’s toy, at least for ppl where it gets cold, or rainy all the time.


If we left the house at 8am or 10pm it’s always a constant busy flow around everywhere. Everyone works everyday. There’s ppl selling fruit late into the night. Way after 5pm.

Everyplace is small. There are no huge mega stores anywhere. There are a lot of stores, but all small. And they cram the most product they can.




You can see little tiny huts…which is usually the image people get when they think of India. You also see nice big houses. What I did notice is for most India people they only use, and buy what they need. Like, there isn’t usually luxury type items. Decorations are there, but to a minimum. Food is always bought when needed. Joe’s family is constantly going to the market.

There is a lot of things here. You got the crazy busy life, beaches, tourist-hotel areas, the city markets, the smaller shopping areas, the fields of crops, everything packed in a small state.


2 comments:

  1. Great Pics Amber and nicely done .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog and pics. Love the pics of Goa and hope to visit there one day. It seems different than the rest of India. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete