Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally made it to India!

I finally made it! I’m happy to not be on a train, bus, plane, shuttle, car, or in a hotel. I feel like it took so long to get here. It’s great to finally reach my destination. I was Running on no sleep in about 42 hours Before i got some sleep.

My flight from Kuwait was … interesting. Lol. That airport is a big mess. Lol. A lot of disorganization going on. They use shuttle buses to take you to the airplane. I found this odd. But turns out it’s how they do in this part of the world. Like not every plane has its own gate. They take a number of flights through one gate, and you have to make sure you’re on the right bus.

So made it on the Mumbai/Bombay flight. Took off a bit late, but made it to Mumbai only 10 minutes late. While I was on this flight was just done with airports, security, and being on a plane for so long.

When we finally landed in Mumbai, I got nervous. Lol. I don’t know why. I thought about Joe, and how ppl are gonna take to me. I had nothing to worry about. People are really nice. I don’t know if it had anything to do with me being white, or a chick, or American, but I got to skip customs in Mumbai. Lol. I was like “sweet!” I didn’t ask any questions. Lol. Immigration peeps were nice too.

Joe met up with me. It was really good to see him, not to mention just someone to meet up with in a country I’ve never been in. We had to catch our last flight to Goa. I thought it was like a 4-hour flight, but Joe told me its only 45 minutes. You don’t know how happy I was to hear that!!

My first impression of India: I literally thought “well, its not as bad as people in the states make it seem." All countries have their problems, poor and rich, great things and drawbacks. When I flew into Mumbai I thought wow there is a lot down there. Lol. I didn’t see much because of it being dark. When we flew to Goa, I got a chance to see some things. Mumbai-Packed with tons of buildings. Yes, the shacks that everyone thinks covers India do exist. There are stretches of land that you can see these small low-lying buildings. It’s actually quite a thing to see, high aerial view, or up close.

Once we got to Goa Airport, fastest disembarkation I’ve ever had. Off the plane, our bags were first out, and than we quickly got a ride to his house. I’d say we spent an actually 3 minutes from plane to the car to reach his house.

The car ride to his house was exciting. I was looking at everything. Joe, asked me “Whats wrong why are you was so quiet?” I don’t wanna talk when there is stuff to take in. I was absorbing everything. ☺ The roads are … different. You have to dodge other drivers, ppl on bikes, ppl walking, animals. Its just mind blowing, how a country like this has such traffic….but no fatalities. It just really amazes me. Our roads in the States our wide as crazy, with clear cut lanes. Like massive organized, and ppl crash and die everyday. The more I travel the more I think “wow how do we in the States have these problems, when other countries are easily breezing through the same things?” It really blows me away. I mean one thing that bothers me is the garbage. But India actually recognizes as a problem. Once I knew that they see it as a problem, I thought well at lest they are doing something about it bit by bit. They know it’s a problem.

We finally got to his house. Exactly what it looks in the pictures. But I thought when I walked it that it’d be bigger on the inside. I like the house a lot. Just the way it’s arranged. I like how is not an ordinary American house. It wouldn’t be right? lol. But I hate looking for apartments in the states. It’s always the same blocking. I love his floors! I don’t know the material exactly but it some kind of cool tile. Lol. He told me its called Spartex?? Lol. No idea.

He’s in the process of adding things to the house. Like he’s re-doing his kitchen, and adding things here and there. I know he’s adding a/c soon as well.

He has all these plants growing fruits in the backyard. His mom does the gardening. She showed me the bananas this morning. Lol.

Yes, it’s hot here. Lol. I came here in the afternoon when it’s the hottest. At night and in the morning is perfect temperature.

So, far things are going great. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment