Monday, March 7, 2011

Carnival






I got here just in time for Carnival. There are massive parties, they had the floats/parade as well. Its because ash Wednesday is coming up. It’s like our Mardi Gras. They have parties till like 630 in the morning. I went yesterday to see the floats.





Massive people there!! I’ve never seen something like this in person. So, many people. Besides a concert or course. But for celebration, even at like the St. Patrick day parade there aren’t as many people coming out as this!! Crazy. The floats were cool. They had a theme, something like wealth out of garbage. So a lot of the floats were about saving the environment. They had a lot of music, and cultural and historic floats. It was cool that I got to learn more about India. Joe explained a lot of those things to me. I wasn’t feeling too out of place. I was worried I would. I stick out obviously; I get the stares, as well as Joe for being with me. There are other white folks here on holiday. One of Joe’s friend has a friend from the UK I think. She’s leaving in a day or so.

After the floats were all said and done everyone started to leave. Now when anything like this happens in the states, there is always this gridlock. Major traffic, and someone always gets hurts and/or dies. Not here. That totally amazed me!! So many ppl, cars, and bikes, but traffic keeps moving. Amazing.











No comments:

Post a Comment