Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dog sled and musher camp








To get this tour I practically begged marek to push to get it for me. he pulled through for me!!! :-) it was my last cruise so i def wanted to do this tour!! alot of the crew wanted to do this tour as well.

it was a short tour, but a great one.

it started out with a really scenic drive toward the camp. I felt like I really got to see Alaska this time. the views are just amazing. i feel like a broken record. lol. its true though. :-)

We get to the camp and immediately you hop on this cart, and go for a little ride. now you may be wondering why its a cart. its a cart because they don't want to over train the dog, and get them all super muscular. they keep them small and lean, which makes them a better dog for the mushing races.

after that you get to learn all about the culture of mushing, history behind it, and all information you want to know about the sport, the dogs, breeding, costs, anything like that.

than you get to see puppies!! :-) it was awesome. i learned a lot about dog sleding and the races, and how it was a big part of alaskan cultures. dog sledding was a main way of transportation for Alaskan. Than the snowmobile came out and changed all of that. that gave birth to the sport.

I loved it. I had so much fun. the passengers i was with were great to. I had a great time editing it too! i think it was a good edit. Marek said it was great. I got alot of compliments on this edit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment