Monday, June 7, 2010

Grand Canyon-Big deal???















My sister coming out here planned to see the Grand Canyon. I hadn’t seen it yet. To be honest, I didn’t really care to see it. I was kinda like oh since we’re driving by lets check it out, but if its out of our way, oh well. I mean either way I didn’t really care.

We were making our way to the Grand Canyon, and the ride up was really cool. I had no idea the was a forest that surrounded the area. The weather was great. It was uber hot for the beginning part of our day, than it just nice and cool. It was great. It eventually got quite cold. I full on welcomed the cold!! ☺

We stopped at this gas station/Native store. My sister bought handmade jewelry. I got a sweet pair of onyx earrings out of the deal. Lol.

We are pretty much at the canyon, and we notice a sign that says park fee. I’m like what the hell is that about. We were unsure about fees and all that. Turns out there was this $25 fee to enter the Grand Canyon park. I’m like SWEET JESUS!! We were only going for what we thought a short time. I guess you buy these 7 days passes for $25. We paid it regardless.

My excitement grew as we got closer to seeing it.

It was about sunset when we got to Mather Point. The visitor center was closed, but that was okay, I still got my info about the Canyon and all that I wanted. I’m always curious on how things like that got there and were formed. I read all this info before see the canyon. Now I really wanted to see the canyon! I saw all this info about hiking, and I so wanted to just stay for a couple days and hike!

My sister bought a whole bunch of stuff!! Lol I waited for her, and I just could not take it anymore. I told her “ Jen, the sun is setting we have to go now to even be able to see the canyon.” So, I just straight up book it. I didn’t want to miss it while we were here these few hours.

It was a it of a walk, but once we got the point, OMG!! it blew me away! It was just so beautiful.

I never thought it’d affect me the way it did. I want to go back for sure, and spend a few days there to hike, and all that jazz.

It was amazing, I’m glad I went. It was 100 miles out of the ay too.

My sister as I was looking out one last time, was like “ Amber so, was it worththe $25 dollas? I’m like YES! I don’t even care about the money now. I’m glad I was there to see something that amazing!

“The Grand Canyon is what all canyons are compared to.”

I must add this little tid bit of Information. When I was on my journeys in Hawai’I, I went to Waimea canyon. Now, Mark twain tagged it “The grand canyon of the Pacific” Seeing both, Waimea does even come close. Waimea was beautiful, but didn’t strike me like the Grand Canyon did. It turns out that Mark Twain never even went and saw the Waimea Canyon in person. Who knows if we even saw the Grand Canyon. I feel like nick-naming Waimea Canyon the Grand Canyon of the Pacific is almost an insult. Lol. Who is someone going to put a label on something like that without seeing both for real and in person??? Boo.

All in all it was a great day in Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment