Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leaving the Ship








5.5 months.

I really cant believe I got through this first contract. it all seems surreal. i had some really good times. I had some tough times, and some phenomenal times. I had some crappy bosses, I had some really great bosses, I made some friends, had some fights, grew really close with people, seen people come and go. I laughed, and cried with people. Now it was my time to go.

The first thing I hate about leaving is packing. lol really. Thankfully i wasn't over in weight on anything.

On leavers night of course I didn't sleep. You have to hang with so many people, and say your good byes, get your last shot/drink with your close friends. Finish packing maybe, make sure you have your paperwork done, and everything is ok to go really. I totally forgot to finish my ILO. oops. :-( i realized once i was home like a day. lol

my last few nights were great. I didn't go out in Victoria, I Packed instead. the night prior was awesome, I had a chill night with my two roommates, and one of the new photogs. It was a fun night. I had alot of laghs for sure. Me and jo were having flash backs on all the funny things that happened to us. great night.

leavers night when I was finally packed the photo manager invited all of us to his cabin for a beer. We had our free beer, than headed to the crew bar. to my pleasant surprise Anthony got my tim bits!! tim hortons is the shit!! dogged them. lol. then i was hanging out with the photogs and some others all night.

at the beginning Marek wasn't there. this kinda upset me ...slightly. I knew he's turn up though. I got my leavers card, I loved it. Jo did a good job. :-) Thanks Jo.

I was bouncing around to all kinds of people that wanted to see me. Marek did turn up. I was happy to see him. I wanted to give him a huge hug! i'm gonna miss him. We worked well together. what he said to me was just great. it def make me be like awww. lol And stephen got me scared before he got to the ship. lol Marek really pushed me to be a better Videographer. I told him that. I also told him I appreciated how he challenged me, and pushed me to test my limits and creativity. I learned a lot from him. I wish I could have worked with him longer. He promoted me, and my appraisal was all good. :-)

saying bye to everyone wasnt as hard as i thought. Yeah I'll miss my job for a few, but I knew i was doing this road trip with my sister and i was going to see the rest of my family soon!! I left with no tears.

I left a few people behind, but they'll be fine without me. :-) I wish them fun, and happiness for the rest of their contracts.


This contract really was a great experience. yes it did have major ups and downs, but I learned from it al.

bye bye for now princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment