Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Bering Sea Crab Tour





I knew I had to do this tour eventually.

Its been on Reflections soooo many times. I've had other videographers rave about it.

frankly I was sick of this tour, and I never have been on it myself. I had no interest to do this tour simply because people do that "Omg Its soo great, ya gotta do this tour!"










I requested this tour because there are some guys that were on the deadlist Catch(the show on Discovery channel) I knew my mom liked the show(or at least i think she does...i could be mistaken. lol) But I thought to myself " Amber you gotta do it at least once"

So I did it.

Right away the Captain came up to me, we introduced ourselves, and he immediately had suggestions on where I should shot from. awesome. You could tell they have been used to having the Videographer on board. I didnt feel like I was bothering them with anything. Was totally comfortable with asking question and about them wearing a mic. (sometimes i hate to ask cause you know ppl are just not ok with it. you hate to have that friction there right off the start of the tour)

On this tour there was a lot of story telling. I loved everyone! The personalities of all the crew were stellar! I really enjoyed this tour.

They did everything live. getting the crap pods, letting us look at them up close and personal. The snow crab people got to hold.

We also go some really great views of some Bald Eagles. Closer than I usually get to see them. There was this ginormous Nest! there was also this nice Pair just chilling on top of a tree. We were really close to shore. Very awesome.

The one guy told a story on how him and his fellow crewman almost died in freezing temps. Captain Dave talked about how He got started, and why he keeps coming back to Alaska. He actually went to school for business. His parents DID NOT want him to get into fishing. It can be dangerous. Worry is warranted I think. Hell I'm on a cruise ship and mom still worries about me. lol.

I loved the tour!! I remember my one senior (that I had for only 2 weeks-but anyway lol) how he told he did this tour every cruise. I was like "wow dude" lol. He loved it. I immediately thought of him when I was done and thought..." yep he was right!"

I liked it so much i was a dork again and got my pic with the dudes. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment