Friday, September 2, 2011

Finally Some Black Bears


Well this tour was all about the bears.

I went on this one before,and DID NOT SEE ONE BEAR. It was too nice a day in Ketchikan. Too hot. just nada on the Bears.

A couple cruises later my Senior does the same tour, and he got mega Bear Footage! Phenomenal! I have to say as a videographer... i think we all strive to get the best fooage(that includes best of other videographers-lol) That was last cruise.

This cruise I was determined to get some black bears. I got Brown Bears in Haines. I wanted to add that experience to my collection.

Went out early morning. Now Nate's tour was in the afternoon. Time of day sometimes is everything ya know. As soon as i remembers that i went in the morning last time i thought "oh no I aint gonna see one damn bear....but wait it hella cold out, maybe I'll get something"

So the tour goes on... the tour guides are on the radio" hey, has anyone spotted anything?" no one spotted anything.

We are on the suspension bridges (its over the habitat to not interfere too much) I get some scenics (and I must say I got some SICK shots) An hour goes by...NOTHING! I start think "shit...another wasted tour. I gotta make an edit out of eagles and Salmon."

SO than This one lady spots the Saw and two cubs.

PRAISE JESUS!




hahaha. I was like finally. I might get something decent. They stuck around long enough to get a good edit. its was just that small group, but dammit god enough. The one thing i got that I thought was cool was one of the cubs climbing the tree!! very cool.





I got some blue Herring as well. I thought that was cool. They have this raptor center where they have a rescued Owl, and Bald eagle. I just dont care for filming that stuff. I like the WILD aspect of Alaska. I feel cheated when I see animals in captivity and they pass it off as wild. they are rescued...thats great and all, but i'd rather see them in the wild. I mean I am lucky to see most of the stuff I see, but >>>ok ok ok. I am being picky. I cant help it. maybe I'm spoiled with what i've gotten to do!

I am lucky!! Turned out to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment