Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have to catch up!!

So I havent posted in forever! I know I am sorry> I've been up to alot. Enjoying my job/time on the ship. I just never have time to get online and post something...with pics. :-( uploading video is just nearly impossible.


Today I was forced to go on this tour that involved shooting for the dreaded web shorex project. This damn Project has been going on for like 2 years! I think more than that actually from what my Senior tells me. F-ing ridiculous.


Well This tour was the Mendenhall Glacier Canoeing Adventure. I did something similar to this last year when i first was in Alaska. I had no interest in doing it again. I'm a variety type person. if I already did it... the Spark is gone ya know.






well back to the tour. This tour was a simple canoe up to the glacier have a quick snack... and canoe back. I wasnt really looking forward to this tour not only because It was something i had already did, but because when I looked outside it was dreadful. rain, cold, not a very picturesque day for video thats for sure. I also only had 4 ppl from princess with me on tour as well.




When we go the spot where we "launch" the canoe, if you will, weather was great! Sun was great, with beautiful clouds. Just gorgeous. I also did not have to canoe. everyone was ok with that. it was surprising. We had some other ppl on the canoe with us from other ships in port.

I have to say the fact that everything was so pretty it was worth it. We canoed by icebergs! It was awesome. I got some really cool shots. I hope when I review it it isnt too shaking since i had to do handheld. I dont think it looked bad ....while shooting, but when you review it it s different story.

We got closer and closer to the glacier...of course it got hella cold. lol. I was prepared thankfully. lol. We got so close...we started thinking....myself included.."um how close are we gonna get to this glacier???" lol We saw a glacier waterfall. Some perfect blue ice! than we went to this one iceberg...it was an archway. very cool. I got to touch the glacial ice! I was so excited to be so close to something that massive....and pretty that I asked for someone to take a picture of me in front of this iceberg! I NEVER do this. It is rare that I get pics with me in them.


Absolutely breathtaking tour! So glad I got to cover this tour. the Passengers I was with to were hilarious. Very comfy to be around. fun Ladies. they did an awesome interview for me!


1 comment: