Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Great Alaska Lumberjack Show….Again

Well it was my last Ketchikan. Sad to leave Alaska, but gotta move on… straight to NEW ZEALAND!!

So excited.

Anyway back to my last day.


I had the day off again. I only did one tour while in port this cruise. Glacier bay really made things weird since it was the day after Juneau. We also got there a bit later than we normally do, Nate knew what I was in for so he decided to take it easy on me.

Joe wanted to see the lumberjack show. I liked it so, I had no problem seeing it again. Its free for crew, so, why not right?

I am not sure if I wrote about this before, because I lost my pics due to the snorkel incident. lol. I have pictures now! It was good that I went back, because I wanted to get pics again. I think these are better too because I didn’t have to shoot/work. I got better action shots with my own camera.


It was what I expected. Joe liked it. He missed some of the humor…only because you have to be from this area, and by that I mean Canada or America to sometimes know what they are referring to. He didn’t miss it all though. I was glad he enjoyed the show.


It was a good show. Our side of the audience won…I was on the American side not the Canadian side. Booo Canada…sorry all my Canadian friends. Lol. The two guys on the American team really were tearing it up. They almost won just about everything.


My favorite event is the tree climbing one. I like it, but it goes so fast! Like in 10 seconds it’s done! A lot of the events are fast. Anything with chopping wood was a bit longer for obvious reasons.











They did this one event where they hulled this log up to hit the two standing logs. The first log to hit won. I didn’t get any pics because I was kinda like “what the hell are they doing?” lol They didn’t do it last time.

The American Team won over all. I was happy. Joe and I got to do something in port, me not working, not arguing with each other, no rushing-A great time in port. We don’t get to do much with each other in port…tourist-y wise. It was nice to finally have time to do something like that for once.

We even got a picture with the lumberjack dudes. Lol. See, I am making a liar out of myself. I never do the picture tourist thing, but this contract I find myself more and more doing the pictures with me in them. Lol. I think that’s three so far. I hate getting my pic taken, but I like having them in the end. lol. Joe wanted it because we never get to do stuff like this together. Joe though loves getting his picture taken though. He’s all for doing touristy stuff. Maybe some of it is rubbing off on me. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment