Monday, September 19, 2011

Time for the Crossing, and some changes….some not wanted.









Well we are done with Alaska. I do like Alaska, but I’m def excited to cover some land(..and tours for the matter) that I’ve never encountered! The crossing takes awhile. We hit up Hawaii. If you have read my blog since my first contract you know I did Hawaii for a few months. I am happy to go back. I begged Nate not to put me on an all day tour on Honolulu. Lol. And please for goodness sake not Diamond Head trek! I mean not only is it boring, but it just makes for a lack luster edit. The first two times I managed to make something of it, but I think it’s over-rated. Maybe I didn’t when I first did it. Maybe I should read if I wrote about it. lol. It was like one of my first tours. We are hitting up Lahaina again. The best haircut I ever got was in Lahaina! So, I might be getting one while we are there. It was always the same guy I got my haircut from there, it’s just him, so hopefully dudes still there.

We also go to French Polynesia. I am excited for that too. Than we head over to Fiji, than New Zealand to end our turnaround day in Sydney. Joe is excited to see Sydney. It’s cool when he get excited. I say that only because he’s done ships for 8 years, and he’s never been to Australia. I told him he’d like it. But you never know. I didn’t like Sydney the best out of all the things I did, and saw while I Lived there, but it is nice in Australia.

For this crazy crossing..people act like we’re never gonna see the light of day for a month of something. Its funny. Well 4 sea days…I’ve done that before. It not new to me, so maybe I’m more laid back about it…? I don’t know. Me, and Nate had to think about some ads to do for turnaround. We had to start from scratch really. I guess this ship hasn’t done that itinerary before. So there was no stock of NZ or anything. We wrote, and shot a simple commercial explaining who we are, and what we do. I liked it. Shooting it was fun that for sure. I should post some outtakes. Lol. I came up with a commercial that I finished a few days ago. I like it. Nate liked it. When we showed Joe, we took his reaction as a good one. Joe is good because if he doesn’t like it… he’ll for sure express it. So, he took his frst reaction as a good one. I liked it. I was thinking about it for some time. I thought of it while at the crew bar no less while joe was DJ-ing. Nate laughed at me because I had a piece of paper with me while at the crew bar. Than a few days later he told me how he had an idea while he and eve were chilling in the crew bar. See! Sometimes you get your best ideas in a bar. Well maybe not all the time. Lol. We are doing a spoof James Bond-esq type commercial too. We are also making an early bird Special Commercial. I liked the idea Nate had. It involves filming in the gallery while it’s insanely busy. The commercials are fun to do. Although mine was a bit frustrating to complete because I couldn’t find the right music! It was soo getting to me. I left it one night till the next day. It’s better to start fresh.

Morne is leaving the team. His time is up, and he’ll be heading home. New manager is the same one we had before Morne came. I am looking forward to him coming, just not the half that comes with him. Oi. Tracey was really cool, she left like two cruises ago. She was an awesome Asst Manager. Too bad. I hope these next two months go ok. So, far the roommate situation is going good. Seems I sized this girl up on my last contract fairly wrong. It happens. I have done it before. Yssa will be happy to hear that. Lol. My last roommate…oh lord. All I will say is I’m glad she’s gone. Lol. Savio is leaving. Dino is too fairly soon. The team will be sooo different. With Emily, Morne, Tracey, Savio, and Dino going…makes me sad. They are awesome peeps.

I posted some pics from this contract this far. Not too many. I haven’t really partied much this cruise that’s for sure. It’s better that way. Spending less money, less hangovers, and proper sleep. Lol. Trust me I’ve had my night though. Oi. Some crazy cabin parties …that happen to go down randomly…when I least expect to party. Lol. I dressed up for trailer trash disco that we hosted. Really good party. Joe DJ’d. It was a good night!

My contract has been good so far, I enjoyed Alaska, I hope the rest of the contract gets even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment