Friday, September 16, 2011

My Best Glacier Bay!





I have had such bad luck with the big events of Alaska. Those being Glacier Bay, and the Tracey Arm DVD. They have to be longer, and a bit better in quality than an average tour Edit. Ya know you have the ranger, or naturalist commentary, with the scenics, and all that jazz.

Every cruise me, and Nate would alternate the big edit. Well I was doing good with the wildlife, but Nate- every time he would have the big edit he had the best freakin weather! He got one flawless Glacier Bay, and one really nice Tracey arm, and the ship was able to get even closer to the south sawyer Glacier! A really great edit! I always get up hella early and you can’t see anything! Even when I shoot sailaway…you couldn’t even see the Golden Gate Bridge until the ship was right underneath it!!

The nice day I was supposed to have Glacier Bay I was sick, so Nate got the great weather again!

Well, this time it finally happened! I had a great day to shoot in Glacier Bay. Nate got up early to get the rangers onboard, and he got some beautiful morning scenic shots!! Really nice colors, and everything.

I really enjoyed the day. It’s a long shoot day, but worth it. We got there later than normal. I had Ranger Emily for my commentary again. She does good commentary. It was nice to work with someone that I worked with before. You usually have a different ranger onboard doing the commentary each cruise. She is good with doing the intros, makes it easier on me. Lol.

All the footage didn’t get done capturing till like 9pm. I didn’t start editing till 10pm. Of course I napped, when I got to editing I didn’t feel all disorganized like I did my first Glacier Bay which was good. I wasn’t getting tired, and it was around 3:30am. I just kept going, it ended up being 6:30am. That’s when I started to get tired. I just decided to finish it. I was up till like 8am editing.

It ended up being like a half hour. I think it’s alright. I like it. My last Glacier Bay even though it was gloom, and doom out I thought the edit was alright, too short though. I really condensed things too much. I just didn’t have enough scenic shots. You couldn’t see anything. Lol. This edit was better, for sure.

1 comment: