Saturday, May 22, 2010

Juneau, Alaska














My first stop ever in Alaska was Juneau. I must say that the scenery is really cool anywhere up in Alaska….so far as I have seen.

My tour was the Whale Watching and wildlife Tour. Now I know what you are thinking, she did whale watching 80 times in Hawai’i. the difference with this spot is that I have a chance of seeing orca whales. AKA Killer Whales. I haven’t seen one yet. BOOOO. I am hopping on my next cruise I will.

I had to go on a small boat again. no problems. the water here is calm as sin!! makes for easy footage! While on the cruise looking out for all this wildlife its just sooo beautiful. I couldn't believe i was there really. Seriously. Yeah, I had a moment. lol I really did. I feel like I have done alot and came along way for someone from where i came from. my family know all about that. :-)

The mountains, and trees, and snow and glaciers...its all just awesome. I saw Mendenhall Glacier from a distance. It was the first glacier I saw. At that moment was when this all hit me.

I did see some sea lions again. I saw a couple whales, some bald eagles. I thought it was worth it.

After I went out in the small town surrounding the dock, and i do like the smallness of it to be honest. I walked around, looking for this alaskan chocolate that i saw in the boat i had just been on. Now I never really buy chocolate to buy it ya know. I dont like stock up. lol But this was white chocolate and coffee! i was shocked. and i thought oh i'll just see it when i'm in town. And i didnt. lol lame-ness!!

I ran into Jo, and we went for sushi. lol yes, i know. but we love it. sorry. it was pretty good. Oh, before hand i got some coffee. Coffee was reeeeeaally good. I enjoyed. I feel like before i leave i'm required to have salmon or something. lol maybe next time.

I ended up at this cool little bok store that jo gave me a heads up about. yes i got more books. I got a dicount tho and i got to joke around with the owner and his daugher. she reminded me of my niece and nephew!! I miss them. Juneau has been good to me so far.

Work wise...i fucked up... i hit the dam gain button without realizing it on my camera, my footage quality looks like shit. I didnt realize till i captured!! I was super pissed. Marek was like "nothing you can do about it now. we all make those mistakes from time to time." He really didnt want me to be upset. I was for a few minutes. i made a cool edit regardless. The hours are def longer, but I feel better when busy. I dont have much time to like write postcards, or update this thing, but i try as much as possible. all in all its been good. :-)

oh the light in Alaska is tripy. I feel like its always noon!!!







jen I Have one more cruise. I cant wait till we get to LA!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment