Thursday, May 13, 2010

San Francisco



















… It's hard to figure out how to start this post! Lol I absolutely loved San Francisco! I mean I wasn’t that excited to go to San Francisco, but once I stepped outside I was instantly blown away by the atmosphere, and vibe of the whole place.

I have never been to San Francisco, I was happy to go to a place where I haven’t been of course, but I never expected to REALLY like this city. It sounds uber cliché, but it was hard to leave this city. I loved it.

Ok… so what I did. Lol My tour was bright an early. I went a tour called “The city of San Francisco. We first went to the Golden Gate Bridge, which was really cool to see. We Drove over the bridge to this vista spot. It was really cool to see the city from afar, and the bridge from that side. From there we went to the de Young Museum. There was this one wall art piece that I really - really liked. I don’t know why, I just did. I had a pic of it as well. I was like 20 feet high. I forget the details of it, I wish I could explain it, but it’s of something that the human can’t see regularly. After the Museum we drove around a bit, shopping area, china town, the painted ladies. Otherwise known as the “Full House” house!!! It was really cool to see in person. I didn’t get a pic of it though, cause we went by so quickly. We didn’t stop. ☹ Our last stop was to downtown San Francisco. I saw city hall. Amazing looking building.

So, that was my tour… oooooooooohhhh!!!! I almost forgot the coolest part. Lol. We went to twin Peaks. From there you saw the whole city, the bridges and everything. I really enjoyed the view. I could have stayed there for hours! I got some good pics.

After my tour I went out and wandered around. I went around the pier, including Pier 39. I got a couple of pictures of the sea lions just took over those docks. Lol That whole thing was weird to me. I guess it’s a big deal to everyone though. It’s pretty funny to me though. I got entertainment from it. lol After that I walked around a lot. Downtown, Chinatown, random places. Let me just say in the 5 mile radius that I walked I must have counted 15 starbucks. They aren’t joking around. Two were diagonally across the street from one another. And it wasn’t like oh its impossible to get to one so they put the other one there, like I hear it is in Texas, but seriously two that close. Lol

All I know is I got my peanut butter. Lol Yes, I really love peanut butter. Its just we don’t have it onboard all like that. I can get it, I have a couple friend offer to get me some, but its not crunchy, and organic peanut is seriously the best! Anyway… just being in San Francisco was really awesome.

When I got back to the ship…I saw my freaking boss once again! ugh. While walking around I didn’t use my iPod this time around. So I’m crossing the street to the ship terminal, and I see him, and out loud I say “ oh god, fuck sake.” Lol the people crossing the street with me probably thought I was nuts. Lol. I was like oh jesus please don’t see me. Lol I don’t think he did thank god. I wasn’t gonna have my manager ruin my day out. After getting back on the ship I had to shoot San Fran sail away. There was a beautiful sunset. I didn’t edit the sail away, Marek did a sweet job at it. It was cool sailing under the bridge. I took pretty sweet pictures too! I got a shot of this woman with the bridge in the background right after we sailed under and she was like crying. I guess it was such a big deal to her. She said she had a fear of heights and she climbed it, walked across, so to sail under it was like a huge deal with her. I have to say it was a cool moment to sail underneath it.

When I was done with sail away Marek was like I hope you didn’t get a lot. Lol. I had no idea what to shoot, Marek didn’t really give me direction so I just shot. Lol I was supposed to just do people, and him scenics. I was like…opps. Lol When I saw the edit I loved it! He used a lot of my scenic shots! I got a really sweet time lapse! He used it. ☺ When I saw him I was like “so, I see you used some of my shots. You liked them didn’t you.” Lol. We just laughed, and he said I had some really good ones. ☺ I was happy.

I’m gonna miss San Francisco. Hell when I there I felt as though I could live there!!! I could really see myself living there. Hey who knows. I was surprised- the city was smaller than I realized. Its like only 46 square miles, or something like that. It is such a beautiful city! I’m definitely going to visit again. ☺

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your blog. I love what you wrote about SF. I live close to it and love it too, and your pictures really show the energy and pulse of the city. Thanks for those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Thanks SOOO Much!!!! Thats means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete