Saturday, May 22, 2010

Skagway, Alaska















In Skagway I went on a really cool tour. side note....I need to be a better morning person. lol. this tour reminded me of that for sure. i dont know why.

I went on the Glacier point Tour. I didnt really know what I was getting into. We canoed to a glacier!! I had no idea we'd be doing that. it was the Davidson Glacier.

there was again a cruise out to wherever we needed to go. Smooth ride, with free coffee... like the last one. I was a happy camper. lol Scenery was of course beautiful. I saw some sea lions again. It was about an hour ride out to the point. We arrived, and when we arrived i was kinda like...hmmmm. lol it was just a beach, with a bus waiting for us. it was a pretty secluded place. i kick myself now for now getting a pic of the beach. I was more worried about getting the video footage of the contract. beach, with meadows, with the Glacier in the background! amazing.

small bus ride to get geared up. small hike to the canoes. than we canoed out to the glacier. The guides were really awesome. fun guys to talk to. apparently i can like get a job doing that. they do all their training in house. they all live on this island. they are pretty much minimalists. i was intrigued by this lifestyle. It made me think about whether or not i could live like that ya know.

it was cool to be up to a glacier that close! even with us being uber close, we saw a hiker and he was super teeny tiny!!

I was happy i got to do this tour!!


skagway the town, well it is kept up to make sure it looks like an old western town. to give people the idea of what it looked lik eback in the gold rush days. i took a few pics. i wasn't feeling very well, so i just went to the market, got my required peanut butter and bread and went back to the ship to edit my stuff. It was my best edit. :-) For Alaska that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment