Sunday, May 23, 2010

Glacier Bay









Glacier bay was an experience for me to say the least. I mean the day prior I got to canoe up to a glacier, so I’m thinking to myself this isn’t going to impress me that much…it did. Lol

We don’t get off the ship we do a scenic cruise. We were really close to it. I never can get over the color a glacier has. I know why it’s that color, its still cool though. Lol

Work wise I had to get up uber early, set up a camera on the bridge. I love going up there cause the view of course is amazing! We set up the camera up there for time-lapse footage. I had to run up every hour to change tapes. We ended up getting 4 tapes total.

I had to get some footage of passengers in front of the glacier and stuff. I wasn’t making ppl wave, I just didn’t think it was fitting to the event that was taking place. Hard to describe, but Marek agreed.

Marek, and I were supposed to split the edit, but that didn’t happen. Our manager actually gave us a compliment on the edit Marek did. I am not taking credit for any of it. I didn’t edit it. Hopefully I’ll get to edit Tracy Arm. I hope so!! I’ll ask him today actually. But its weird I was in charge of the time lapse and had I dropped the ball and wasn’t on my game than we wouldn’t have that footage, but all I did was change tapes and set up audio ya know. Its funny though cause Marek kept asking me “oh did you get a time lapse of us going to the other glacier?”, “Did you get when were here?” and blah blah blah. Yes. Yes. Yes, Marek I got everything worth getting trust me. He was happy. But I still feel as though I did nothing for that edit whatsoever. Marek wasn’t happy with my attitude. Sorry, that’s how I feel. Marek did the scenics too. I got passengers. I hate that I always have to get the passengers. I wanna get epic footage and shit too. But it’s what the junior does. I have to deal with that for now. I’ll have my time to get some really good stuff. This is only my first contract. ☺

It was raining when we arrived, but I got some good pictures. ☺

1 comment:

  1. Wow - looks all quite beautiful! omg is that a glacier!!!! fyi hiya

    ReplyDelete