Thursday, February 25, 2010

Honolulu











I did the Natural Highlights of O’ahu tour this cruise. It was a short tour and I was thankful, cause by this day I am starting to get tired. I was seriously sour from the tour the day before cause I was doing some serious hiking with my equipment. I didn’t feel it that day- Wasn’t tired, winded or anything, but I felt it the next morning. Oy.

We stopped at Diamond head crater. Drove in, people took a picture of the sign and than left. No hiking!! I thought we were, but thank god we didn’t. lol. We stopped at this cool looking bay where a lot of people snorkel. We went to see a blowhole where it wasn’t doing much of anything. Lol. Than a beach where they shot this movie. Than we went to the 100% natural sand beach. Absolutely beautiful!!

A lot of people don’t know but Waikiki…the most famous beach in the world is man made. It used to be a wetlands area. They import the sand from California, and Australia every few years, and from other Hawaiian islands. And from far out at sea.

We than went to see some war temple pile of rocks thing….by this time I was started to get tired… so my memory of that and what it really was is kinda …blurred. Lol.

We did the Na Pali lookout, but I already had sweet footage for that and a cool edit of the history of the battle there. So I took pictures of plants and chickens. ☺

After I went on my tour I went for a coffee…was disappointed. Wasn’t great…why I keep going to that place I don’t know. I keep forgetting its crap there. My memory lasts less than two weeks apparently. But I was waiting for the shuttle and I HATE waiting for the shuttle. I don’t know. It’s like almost unbearable. When I get done with tours while we are in Honolulu I am always in such a hurry to go go go. Waiting around is the last thing I want to do. So, I kill time by going to the shitty coffee place. Where it takes forever and a day to get an iced vanilla latte…when I’m the first person in line.

I shopped around…bought nail polish and a shirt. Yes, ONE shirt. Lol I was disappointed.

Honolulu is getting old. I should have gone to the movies or something. Or walked to the beach or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment