Monday, February 15, 2010

My Birthday

My 25th Birthday wasn’t bad actually. I actually embraced this birthday. I usually don’t tell anyone its my birthday. I hide the fact that I’m getting older….oy. Hell I cried my last birthday. Lol.

Alan shares the same birthday. It was so happy to find this out. It actually helped my mood. I connected with someone on something. To connect with someone on any level is great. It was something special we shared. We had fun with it for sure. It was hard doing Christmas, and new years away from everyone…on my First contract no less….than to add to that my Birthday. So it was good to have shared it with someone. ☺

He got me jager, I am in debt to him forever as far as I’m concerned. They don’t serve it in the crew bar and you can’t bring it on board. So he got it for me. Which was totally awesome. ☺

I went out with some of the photo team to dinner last turnaround day. It was nice. Stephan even paid for me. I thought that was sweet of him. He bought me a crazy amount of drinks. I got drinks handed to me from a few people. Lol. My manager bought my first like three drinks. My birthday lasted like three days. It was awesome.

The night before turnaround day Ensenada I went out with Dan, Alan, and Maris and that was fun even with the tequila poppers thing. Lol. The night before Ensenada we cracked open the jager. That was a fun night. The last few nights with Dan were fun, sad that he had to leave, but we departed on fun terms. I miss him tons for sure.

I got a card from Craig and Alan. I made Alan a birthday sign for his door. Lol. I had a great birthday this year. Although I missed out on a cake from my mom, or my sister usually makes for me. Lol.

Yes- Jen remember that year you made me a cake- strawberry cake, strawberry frosting, and with fresh strawberries- yeah the idea was good, too bad it wasn’t the best cake I’ve had. I’ll always remember that cake though!! Lol Love you Jen!

25….Its not that bad …so far. ☺

3 comments:

  1. first off let me wish you happy birthday ........
    i would just like to say that i have really really enjoyed reading your blog , it was just what i was looking for , i share a lot of your sentiments that you have about ship life , about my life on land , which is about to change ,i start on the ships next week in the caribbean as a snr sous chef.
    i have been searching about details of "life on board " that hasnt been full of sun tan, booze, cheap sex , care less attitudes or spring break on acid lol
    i have just loved the way you have blended the proffesionalism of your job in to life on board and the clicky circles that you encounter ...
    i will continue to read with avid interest untill mt cruise leaves
    just wanted to thank you for shareing and wish you all the best for the future
    ian hird idchef@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found my blog, Cause that is why I started this blog, to give people some real insight on ship life. ....thats just not about the partying. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha I do remember that cake, what a disaster LOL. But my heart was in the right place, love you!!

    ReplyDelete