Sunday, February 14, 2010

Changes

Sorry I know I haven’t wrote in my blog in forever and a day.

To be honest it’s because of ship not lack of ship life. I have to say it gets to me. It really affects my mood. It is hard to relay that to people that don’t live on a ship. When I describe it to someone that has lived on a ship they get it right away. When I try and explain it to someone on the outside they don’t really get it.

Like for example…the sea days. When I say sea days bum me out…they do, they really do. Usually I am in an okay mood when turnaround day is here, than gradually I get in a worse mood getting more, and more bummed out. Everything becomes dissatisfying, and just not enjoyable. Then port days come-my mood is lifted up a bit. But port days I have to work all day… not a day to just do what I want really. When you’re in port you just want to do whatever. But for me when I’m in port there is work that needs to be done. Honolulu is my favorite cause I work, but I also have enough time for myself. A person always needs time for just fun. Tours are fun-depends on what it is though…lol. Sea days…give you no freedom you are restricted!! Ugh. I have very few options. Plus less work to do. So I’m bummed out, restricted with not much to do.

I was working out quite a bit last cruise, but than my roommate got Noro and I got a minor case.. I guess for a day. It comes and goes quickly. So that set my working out schedule a bit off. But I worked out the other day and I tell you I seriously felt sooo much better. It was great to get a good workout in.

Yeah the Golden Princess is THE worst ship to work on. Everyone agrees. The sea days are brutal.
Oh and I guess I should clarify. A port day is when we stop and dock and the people can get off. A sea day isn’t when we sail-away at night. A sea day is when the whole 24 hours is spent traveling at sea. Some people were confused about that.

I know what most people are thinking too well its fun on a cruise ship. it is….when you haven’t been on it for 9 weeks. Lol I will admit I have my great days when I’m like wow this is really what I do. But some days I’m like ya know I could really go for hanging out at a bookstore, or café, or like going to the movies. Stuff like that I miss.

Changes…title of my blog…I call it that cause I seriously have changed a lot. It is so weird. The way I think, how I act is a bit different. How I feel about my job and this whole ship life thing has changed a bit as well. My positivity has gone down, but I will make a conscious effort to try and keep that up for sure.

☺ <3 Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!! <3 ☺

1 comment: