Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy-Busy-Busy, after Boston, and Salem.

This cruise is only half over, things are great.

Its been busy, but fun.

I started off with sailaway, and that was just the thing I needed to get me in the right mood. :-) I didn't have to edit sailaway, but I got some good shots.

I dread Newport, cause its first formal night which means champagne waterfall. Oy! my least favorite. But it went well. Wasn't as unbearable as usual. Lol I guess it helped I had Morne to entertain me for a bit while he was talking photos. The edit was good, got done with that faster than usual too.

Lately I've not been going out, I've been giving my body some proper sleep. I guess I'm reading to many fitness and running magazines. Lol. Ugh last night though it was really rough, the ship was banging too much and rocking too much. Not idea sleeping conditions. Boooo!

Boston was awesome, but I knew itd be a very long day, so I made sure I had sleep to wake early for a morning workout beforehand. **btw my hip is doing well. Not 100% just yet, but I'd say another week of biking before getting back into running** Day went great. My tour was to Marblehead, and Salem.

Marblehead is the yacht capital of the US. Really pretty. They have this cool light house there. All the property are these huge mansions. The view really is just gorgeous. I got a really awesome timelapse, but the damn tour guide like 70% through the shot put his hand in the corner of my shot. I still got a good amount to work with.

Salem was great of course. I love all the houses, the whole village and town has such character. I love how everything has such history to it. Its funny, the tour guide was telling us how the city doesn't like to be recognized as the witch city, but like almost every local business is witch something, or other. We did the witch museum. I've done that before, but I still enjoyed it. I sneaked a bit of recording of the show. It might help our sales who knows.

The tour was great, but long. The tour guide was this really old dude with the highest pitched voice I've ever heard from someone that age. Lol than this passenger threw a fit because the guide would tell these historic stories. Which I never mind, I enjoy it. But he was doing it while the bus was parked, and we were just sitting there while he was talking. This couple was pissed that they didn't have more time off the bus, which, hey I can totally understand. As soon as they complained he stopped and we got off. Lol which helped me out cause I need shots off the bus. The guide was always rushing us, but we always ended up waiting around on the bus not going anywhere. Still I didn't have a major problem with anything.

When I got back to the ship, I had an hour to capture! Oy! Than I had to help shoot the artist, Michael Godard's presentation. So, I fit of editing after that. Than I had to shoot 50's night. I got another hour of editing done after that. Than it was 1130 and I called it quits and went to bed. Early tour today as well.

I didn't finish the Boston edit. I just captured 50's. So, today I'm on a long tour, I'm not shooting a crazy amount, just so editing goes a bit easier. its always sound that sets me back. There are a lot of sound bites for Boston, so the sound edit takes another hour. I'm not doing that with this tour I'm on now. I still have to find time to workout and eat. Oy! I have an early, and long tour tomorrow as well. By tonight I should be caught up. Thatd be ideal before my next tour. But tomorrow for sure I will be. By halifax I'll be bored. Its usually all at once. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment