Saturday, April 10, 2010

mind change-movie career stuff

So, yes I did the "Amber" thing. I changed my mind on extending.

Marek, by current Senior told me to think about it and get back to him. i thought about it for about three days. I talked to my roommate, other photogs, and crew, my mom and sister.

My first thought was well... 3 and half months means I'll have to get a job, or go on unemployment or something. i need a job basically, some kind of financial backing for those three months. so I was thinking well extending will help the finances.

Than I'm thinking about ship life....oy! I dont really care for it. I'm thinking about home, and just how being on land is awesome. I'm thinking about how I need some other experience other than videography on a cruise ship. I wont be doing this for the rest of my life. so I'm thinking... ok use the three months at home wisely. Dont extend and waste a month on the ship. its not worth it.

I am planning on applying to this Assistant Director's program LA or NY. i had planned on that since this October. I know i told craig about it. That was my plan from the start. 2012 would be when I start that program. 2011 is when i apply and go through this uber long process.

I think what I let happen is let ship life/this job change my course a bit. Yes, I want to travel. yes I want to live in other countries, but I need to be prepared before I start jumping all over the world. If I successfully get through this program I'll be in the director's guild. ( i mena if i dont get into the program I still have stuff to fall back on) which I can use it to my advantage and it'll get me a heads up on getting jobs almost anywhere. So I can use that to get a start in the UK, or in South Africa, or where ever, if i wanted. I wanna move to these places, I'm like well Amber you need a job and all that while there. right now I feel like I don't fair well among others in my profession just yet.

But for the time being I am going home May 29th finishing my short film FINALLY! and than doing another short with my friend jeff. He wrote this cool marriage one. not one you would think it is either.lol. but than I am helping on this documentary.

As long as I am doing something in film I am happy. I feel like it will help me in the long run. :-)

Yes, the Videography on board will help with my demo, but I want to learn and be more efficient in behind the scenes... producing/AD basically the admin stuff not the creative end. I do like being creative, but I do very much like the putting the film together. Making it happen, not just making the creative calls. Videography doesnt give me that. it gives me the creative outlet for sure..depending on what I shoot.

I tell you for sure My editing got way faster. my camera work is better. although i do have my lazy days. but who doesn't ya know.


My plan is still to work in film, this cruise ship era wont last forever, but it will help me to be where I want. :-)


hopefully.




Jen, I promise I will use a whole 60 minutes calling you next time.

**bitches and ho's**

:-p

1 comment:

  1. Are you referring to "The Commander" short film? If you are then I really need to see it, my babies are in it lol.
    Yay for me being in the blogs *cheesy grin.
    Haha bitches and hoes foreva!!!

    ReplyDelete