Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rainforest and Waterfall Hike















This tour was really more than I expected it to be. I knew I was in for a hefty hike. Which made me happy. I love hiking. Waaaaaaay better than snorkeling. If I don’t have to get in the ocean I am happy. Lol. I love swimming, but when I have to get in the water that mean I have to bring all this extra equipment and I have to bring extra clothes and a towel. Too much shit involved. Plus I am not very good at the underwater shooting yet.

So back to my tour.

We went to East Maui, a place called Twin Falls. It was really cool to see another side of the island. The place was beautiful. All kinds of trails, steep climbs, and creeks to cross. It was challenging and I absolutely loved it. ☺ There were a couple of guy passengers that doubted that I could handle the camera, and the hike physically. I always laugh at that. In the end they were impressed. Lol.

We hiked to 4 different waterfalls.

We had fresh apple bananas and Maui pineapple. ☺ Great stuff.

I have to talk about this tree!!! The Ceiba tree!! I was so amazed by this tree. It has all these huge thorns on it. That was the highlight of my day. It was the last thing I saw on the tour. Me and trees … I just get amazed by them. I was in the other area where all these read trees were. I was again happy. Lol I forget what they are called. I wish I remember what the name was ☹

Trees are awesome. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment