Sunday, April 25, 2010

Waikiki Suring











For our Honolulu Port I didn’t have a tour. I was assigned to shoot Island night so I had a free day. I mena if I had a tour I wouldn’t have been able to do it anyway because of the drug test they had that morning. Marek was pretty pissed that he missed out on a tour because of a drug test.

All I knew was that I was going surfing!!

So I did, I went surfing and I had a blast. I can not wait to go again!! I did pretty good too. Way better than I did while in Australia. I did get a small lesson. Totally worth it. I like to get some tips than just jump into it and have no idea how to tackle that task. Lol

Four of us got a lesson and surfed together. It is very addictive I must say. I loved it!! I am going next Honolulu, and I have to do the stupid whale watching tour in Lahaina again (utter waste of my time- you don’t see whales on these stupid boats…they get closer to the ship…way better footage that way!!) , so if possible I will be surfing there too. It’s the last Hawaii cruise So I am getting as much out of this cruise as I can. My senior tried to give me a day off in Kaua’I and I was like please can I have a tour. Lol I love kaua’i. He was gonna give me the day off since I have to do the safety drill that day.

So Waikiki Beach… well its over rated, over crowed, and overpriced. Lol it was pretty cool to walk around in though. There was way too many people trying to surf. The fact that its manmade just bothers me. I kinda wanna be at a natural-real beach. I don’t know. The whole idea of this beach being the most famous in the world…and manmade….just bothers me.

The photog picture is funny. They all have these massive cameras…well me and Dan (he’s cruise staff) had tiny cameras. Lol. Its funny, but I always have mine on me. It was a fun day. Me and jo inda went on our own cause no one else really enjoys walking extensively like we do, or sushi that we were on a quest for. Lol. We also are anti-walmart…and the staff some how ALWAYS likes buying stuff there. If I can help it I don’t. I’d rather buy it from a local business of some sort.

So we had sushi, and it was soooo good! Than we went to this second hand music/book store that I stumbled upon a couple cruises ago that I knew jo would like. I always find some great stuff there. Its funny cause I found it in this dodgey alleyway. And to find it again I was unsure if I would but I found it successfully without walking twenty extra miles in a circle. Lol I bought a couple of CD’s there. Fulfilling my craving for new music.

Than to end my night I always get to ths one bar meet up with a group of friends and had one of my favorite glasses of beer. ☺

It was a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment