Monday, January 18, 2010

Goals-Career path

I am slowly discovery I like shooting actual real life. reality does not count!!! It is not the same by any measure. lol. Narrative isn’t as nearly as fun. I know for sure editing live events is way better than editing narrative. I don’t particularly like editing narrative too much. I kinda hate it really. Shooting it is fun, editing it –boo! Lol.

 

Each section has its pros, and cons for sure. Narrative has its control factor where you can get what shot you want in your head, and problem solve to get your vision to real life.  Documentary has its unpredictability, where you have to adjust to what’s going on around you. How can I get the best shot with all of this going on? Or how can I challenge myself to get a more creative shot? There is a think on your feet element to it.

 

I think working for the discovery channel would be pretty sweet. Or even being a camera person for a travel show. That’d be pretty sweet too. Making movies is fun too. But most people in the industry seldom have those moments where they’re like “I love my job!!!!” Its usually, ( and Ive heard this many many times in the industry) “Why do I Fucking do this to myself?” lol. You have to wait around for the moment where you’re like this is why I struggle and put up with 16 hours a day-6 day work weeks. For this moment I got out of the whole month of shooting. You don’t get treated like crap either in this job. There isn’t someone waiting around to make you feel like crap because they do. People are generally happier on this side of entertainment. Lol.

 

I was mostly a camera assistant, 1st or 2nd. And working in any camera department is pretty sweet. They have the fun job. Being a Set PA, or AD trainee sucks. You’re everyone’s bitch. Lol. You have to pay your dues for a looooong time. There are times when there is always someone waiting in the wings to scream at you even in camera. I feel like the film industry is way more strung out, and tense than it needs to be really. It’ll always be like that though.

 

Who knows where I’ll end up but I know I will have a kick ass demo reel when I’m done with this chapter in my life. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment