Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lahaina

I have to say that the tour I did today was AMAZING!!! Seriously! I went to the Haleakala Crater. I got such great footage. My edit I think is the best I’ve done as far as a captivating edit goes. I messed around with some music mixed some things up, and it turned out simple and great. I wanted to add some informational things, but I liked it the way it was. I didn’t want to take away from the imagery and the intense feeling it gives a person.

It was 10,000 feet up. It smelled so sweet up there. Fresh. It was awesome. I wish I had a camera!! I will do the tour again to try, and get more footage and of course get good stills.

I am starting to take footage of myself. I wanna start collecting footage to make something out of it. I want some proof I was at these places. Stephen got me shooting Island night. Lol. I was like oh god. But I am happy that he got it. Lol.

I tell you my mood as turned around. Port days make me happy. But we are back to sea days. ☹ I will try to keep my mood up beat, and happy.

One awesome thing I saw today was people crowding around the gallery flat screens to watch MY edit to Island Night!!! I was happy. They were smiling while watching it! ☺ It was cool cause I happen to just get this shot just as I was leaving Deck 15 to go and edit, of this little girl lying down in a huge pile of Streamers that got taken down after being thrown. I thought it was cute, and funny cause I made her give me a wave. I put it at the end of the island night edit and people laugh and think it’s so cute. I’m glad people pick up on what I am trying to convey. ☺ I like watching the passengers watch my work. I don’t mind cause they don’t directly know it’s me. If I were presenting it I’d be hella nervous.

I am getting better with speaking to the big groups of people when I go on tour. I totally got on the Bus mic today! Lol. Hey I have to let people know who I am and what I’m doing there with a big camera. If I don’t people avoid me and think they are getting in my way. If you let them know you’re there for them they don’t tense up as much.

I hate getting the people like me on camera. The people who avoid and don’t know how to function in front of a camera ya know. Its funny cause I joke with these people, it does loosen them up, but its funny cause I am the same way. Lol. I hate being on camera. I am slowly warming up to it though. I am getting better with the photogs always taking my picture. I just do the Amber pose. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment