Monday, January 11, 2010

Kaua’i

I got to snorkel today!!! It was fun. It’s super tiring though. Steve wasn’t joking. I mean I am up and about capturing my footage now, but I don’t think I’ll be working out later. lol
It was my first time with the under water camera. Its takes getting used to, it’s a tiny camera, but its gets really good shots. I saw so many fish. No turtles this time. I’ll be going again though.

This island is funny. One side gets like a crazy amount of rain. I was bummed cause coming off the ship it was raining. You go to the other side of the island where we went to snorkel and its super sunny and nice.

Also, wild chickens roam free on this island. No other island in Hawaii has that. All other islands have the mongoose which is a predator of the chicken. Kaua’i doesn’t so the chicken is just everywhere. It’s funny when you see them.

One thing I am noticing doing this Hawaii thing is I’m learning a lot about the culture. I am picking up the language… pronouncing and some words here and there.

I learn random facts abut everything. Hawaiian State tree is the Kakoui Nut tree. I guess kakoui nut oil is very useful. Its good for wrinkles I told. Oh and the most powerful laxative on the planet apparently. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment