Monday, January 4, 2010

Pirate Night



Well I was a pirate and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. I’ll have a pic up soon. J I had a lot of happy people that wanted to take a picture with me.


I totally ended the pirate segment too. lol. I'm Actually in the DVD now. :-) Its funny. It was an okay experience. I guess I'd do it again. All in fun. I was dreading it, but it turned out well. Totally went out my comfort zone and it turned out good. 

 On a different note: My boss-Stephen is being a dick to me. Last night after the whole department went out to eat together….awesome dinner. I haven’t eaten yet today… but after we went to the Wardy we were all hanging out. Some ppl stayed some ppl left. I wandered over to Claire, Stephan and Riaan. They were talking about their job and videography. I guess they love what they do but not over and over again. I guess it gets tedious. Me being me was like I love my job no matter what camera work it is I make the best of it, and try to do it better and better no matter if I shot it once or a hundred times. They were like “Oh Amber you don’t understand this is your first contract”. Ok fine. Whatever. Sorry for being enthusiastic about my job. I am done being cheery to assholes who love being miserable. That’s a recurring theme on this ship. It’s aggravating. After I gave up on ppl who hate life I chilled with my musician friends. Now I asked them, “do you love your job, even though you are sometimes playing the same song over and over?” they, very motivated, and enthusiastic answered yes without a beat, or hesitation. Same thing- in my eyes at least. I may have to shoot, or edit the same thing but I still love doing it.

 The other argument was “oh to be challenged is better”. Well yeah of course. I enjoy challenges. I enjoy growing as a person. But if the current situation doesn’t present itself with the challenge you desire make the best of it. Or make a better edit. Take better footage. Find something to make it better.

 I hate the melodramatic people on this ship. It seems to be a recurring thing with the Canadians too.

 

No offense to anyone. L

No comments:

Post a Comment