Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Brighter days


Well I was getting a little bummed out yesterday. The whole new kid thing. My boss had been bummed out as well. Its like if your boss isn’t happy you feel weird being happy. I don’t know what was wrong with him, but he was better later in the night. Which made me feel better. I don’t know I just want everyone to be happy. It bums me out to see other people bummed out.

 

My roommate made an attempt to get things smoother with me. I guess when people want sleep they become their worst person. She knew I was pissed at her. We’re okay now. But she is in fact sleeping right now. So, I’m typing this in the editing suite.

 

I have nothing to do today really. So, really just chilling. Sea days are extremely laid back for us. Port days are the crazy days. Which is fine with me.

 

Last night I got done editing around like 130am. Went to the crew bar…already closed!! (to get drinks at least)It is a habit going there already cause I wanna socialize with people.  So I saw my friend Robert. He’s from South Africa. I found out he’s leaving the ship Jan 7th. L  He’s a good dude. He’s a really good guy to have on your side too, simply because the crewmembers listen to him. They have a lot of respect for him. The fact that he likes me is inviting to everyone else to talk to me, and all that. He’s the one that stands up to management when everyone else is scared to. He vouches for me, I’m known as one of the smart Americans. Americans have a bad rep all over the world when bunches of people from other countries get together.

 

This is how it goes: I’m in the area, taking the scene in. People approach me…(I was told because I am pretty-something I get told everyday-it’s weird I don’t know how to handle that really) They ask what my name is, they introduce themselves, and than they look at my name badge, and find out I’m from the states. They give the “oh no” look. But after talking to me for those few minutes they already made up their mind that they like me.  I guess its hard to find Americans that are smart AND nice, that aren’t snotty and think they’re better than everyone else around them.

1 comment: