Monday, December 28, 2009

Na Pali Edit.

So I just finished my edit for the Na Pali Expedition. 

WORST one yet. Seriously. I wasn’t into editing this footage at all. It’s so hard to get steady shots on a very bumpy boat ride. Even so, I HAVE to get good shots.

 Getting the damn whales was the hardest for sure. That’s all day tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about that. I’m gonna see what a tripod does for me. Who knows. I got really good shots of dolphins though. J

 I am getting better with shooting. I woke up from my nap and seriously my arms are feeling the extension I just gained with this job. Lol. My arms are gonna be beastly. It is getting easier. I am able to hold better shots way longer than before. I’m working up my Strumfffff! Lol (yes, Phil if you read this that’s for you lol)

On another note, My boss did tell me he is taking notes on my edits, I will get a critique soon. Finally.

 Also with the Island Night edit, He did it. I hate the music he uses it’s so boring. He doesn’t care about editing ship events. He really only cares about the port edits. So he rushes, and makes the event videos uber boring. Good news though He did include the bands this time around. Not my shots of the band, but he did include them. I over shoot. He doesn’t want to waste time going through all my footage. I over shoot because I like to have as many options as possible when I edit. He’ll shot 15 minutes. I’ll shoot 40 minutes on the same event. I definitely try A LOT of different stuff. Over, and over to get each shot better. But apparently he’s perfect, and can get the perfect shot in one try. Obviously that’s Bull shit. I’ve seen his raw footage.

 I guess I hold some resentment towards a person that is going to critique me, and at the same time not like his work. Personal style I guess. He has done this longer than I have. He’s on his third Contract. He went to film school and all that…SO does that mean he’s better? I don’t know. He’s’ done some big time stuff though. I am realizing comparing is not healthy.

 He did say I was talented, but it may have been said to win me over while we were arguing. Lol. 

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how you know youre better than someone more "experienced" than you

    ReplyDelete