Saturday, December 12, 2009

More Details on this Cruise deal





So I made it on the Ship!! It was all very exciting. My roommate is clean, which I am VERY grateful for. Lol. 

So here’s the deal you have to pay for Internet by the minute. You get Internet cards. 40 bucks for like 460 minutes. It could be worse. I have introduction training later at 2pm. They are extremely strict about safety. I wouldn’t have it any other way to be honest. I may have to work tonight. There is some party at 10pm. Everyone is really nice.

There is a thing that kinda bothers me but makes sense. There is a difference in pay according to what country you are from. I guess it makes sense since cost of living in each country is different. But your country also kinda depends on what you do on board. When I figure out the whole system I will give you details. Please feel free to tell me how you feel about it. Cause when I found out I was kinda shocked to be honest.

I have some pictures. Only a few though so far of the ship and of Hawaii ….of the whole 3 hours I spent awake in Honolulu. I’m on the ship, and I can’t leave until I get my card that lets me leave the ship. If you are Not Canadian, or American immigration is harder. I guess we have a difference clearance level. But crew that aren’t of those citizenships have to stay on the ship….even while in port until we port in LA and than they can do the whole immigration thing where they get clearance to be on American soil.

To say the least…American are the minority. Lol. Females as well., and single females even less. So, if you are a single female looking to go on a cruise ship know that you’ll have guys banging on your door. It helps to have your significant other on board with you- If it works out that way for you.

So far, so good.

Oh yeah….another sneaky thing. They give you this account number that you can use to buy whatever you need….or want on board. Than at the end of the month its paid right out of your salary. It’s a way to the company to get more money. Smart on their part.

Hope you like the photos and tiny video(coming soon). J

Here’s my address:

 

Amber M. Sherman

Videographer

Photo Department

mv Golden Princess

c/o Los Angeles, CA (USA)

Metro Cruise services LLC

PO Box 8064

San Pedro, CA 90733-8064

 

It’s long for sure. We port there every two weeks, Its waited but I will get it. J

Post an address if you want me to send you a post card!! I will gladly. Some of you know that you’re already on my list ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Amber Amber Amber. It's Pete from the Club. Oh, I love it. Congrats, I am so happy for you. Sounds like an amazing adventure. I am very interested in getting hired on a ship as well. I am actively preparing my resume and focusing on some key requirments i think will find the best fit on a cruise ship for me! A big 'ol THANK YOU for blogging about your experience... it helps me understand it better "hearing your voice" in my head as i read all about your trip, instead of some silly generic promotional video! Hugs Hugs Hugs. Can't wait to hear more!
    P.S. I love postcards:
    Peter Borzillieri
    106 Dirkson Ave.
    West Seneca, NY 14224

    ReplyDelete
  2. do princess they treat their employees the best of all the cruise lines. Your american they'll hire you in a second!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's crazy. lol the pics look awesomeeee. I'm so excited. I love the fact that there is a variety of people and I'm so sure the men are horrible. Thank god I have a man. The pay would be my biggest issue. I wanna know I'm leaving and will be OK. Paying for internet and food is crazzzzy but like you said it could be worse. I would think those things at least would be free sheesh. Maybe Silversea will be different...or not lol. there's always a catch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well food in the dining rooms you pay for. not for crew/staff mess hall, or the passenger buffets. yeah the internet though that got expensive you learned to wait till you were ashore for free wifi. and you're right silversea could be different. every company has different ways of doing things.

      Delete