Monday, December 7, 2009

My Job

Some people might be curious on what my job is exactly. I mentioned I was a Videographer. 

How it was described to me by a Current videographer from Princess was as follows:

I will be on a cruse ship for a 6 month contract. Working everyday. sometimes up 13 hours of work. 

Being a Videographer our department's main goal is to produce a DVD of the passengers voyage on and off the ship for their alloted time on their trip. That includes when they go out on port. Any excursions they go on I will be there to record them. When we are at sea any parties, or events on ships I also will record. Once I get footage of whatever I am supposed to get footage of I will than go import, and start editing, and adding to this dvd. 

There is also the whole letting the passengers know who I am, what I do and what exactly I am doing there with them. so its "hey!! buy this awesome dvd I'll make of  all your great times, and have your treasured memories forever on this dvd for this ..." who knows how much price. lol 

This will def help my editing skills. I get to keep any dvd/file I create. It'll help my camera skills too. oh and I get to do fun stuff....  or at least this is what I hope. lol 

Any videographer I have read about of spoke to thats done the job I'm about to do has had no complaints. 

we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment