Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First Day of Work


Well Today I recorded an event. It was fun. I had a smile on my face the whole time. Its weird. I feel like I’m not supposed to like being here and doing my job this much.

 

I got up at like 1pm….had to work at 7pm…just to touch base with my boss. Filmed an event at 10 til 1045- Such a hard day. Lol, Than after I edited my footage. I was finished by 2am. Technically 3am...the time change since we are on our way to Mexico. I know the time change is gonna annoy me we have to keep switching it back and forth.

 

I was aggravated…as far as work in concerned… Final Cut likes to be a temperamental bitch while capturing footage. I had to keep re-doing it. That’s why it took me 3 hours to edit that one event. I really did the editing in one hour. The capturing took two hours and some change.

 

Tomorrow is a sea day…which means not too much work. I have one event to film at like 215pm. That’s it.

 

So there is a lot more free time than I expected. There are some jobs where they are constantly working. I think I do have one of the best jobs.

 

We are reaching rougher seas as well, still no issues yet. It gets worse though.

 

Some random facts:

-I’m slowly getting a tan. J No burn yo! Lol.

-The crew cabin toilets break all the time, and often.

-There is an over abundance of rice on board. ( that makes me happy J )

-Some crewmembers (mainly Americans and Canadians) don’t appreciate any food given to the crewmembers. The passenger food is not better. Its pretty much the same thing.

-90% of conversation between crewmembers involves bitching about the job…or your boss. Neither of which I can relate, cause my boss is pretty cool, and I like my job.

-Musicians on board get paid about 4-5 grand a month(depending if their agent is tougher or not and fights for more money. (they fall into the category as Video peeps..best job ever cause they work like 4 hours a day…if that.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment