Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cruise Ship Diet

There was one thing I totally forgot to mention about being on a ship! 

FOOD!

Well to start off I lost two pounds just being on the ship. Usually the norm is major weight gain. I guess whatever I am doing is doing me good. I feel good all the time. I mean you can really ruin your body, and gain a lot of weight if you don’t watch what you eat.

They have enormous amounts of Sweets, fatty and fried food. I mean you will always find cakes, cookies, muffins, pies, Soda, French fries, pizza, and all that.

What you will also find everyday is fresh fruit, steamed Veggies, Rice (brown sometimes!) A great salad bar, beans salads, and Fish.

There is a gym to use (crew and passenger). Take the stairs when possible. 15 decks-those stairs can do you some good for sure.

I have chosen to make sure to eat the healthy stuff. I avoid Pasta whenever possible. Lol. Everyday I eat as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible. I eat rice every day as well. I wish they had 100% whole grain wheat bread. I avoid anything processed as well.

 

Stephen was telling me today-- funny cause I picked this topic to write about last night---but he was telling me how he had been trying out this vegan diet for the past 14 days. He cheats sometimes with milk. He’s trying it out. He says he feels great. Energy levels are up there.

 

I remember when I changed my diet when I moved on my own. I avoid all processed foods when possible. Anything that says ENRICHED avoid like the plague. Seriously. Pasta too. Focus on eating things that are nutrient fill food. The first couple days will be hard because your body craves the salty and sweet foods. Your body continues to want to eat because it’s not getting enough nutrients. I’ve done a lot of research on this stuff. Once your body starts to get the efficient amount of nutrients it needs to function you wont be hungry all the time.

 

It happened to me. I don’t get sweet cravings anymore. Craig knows how bad they can be for me Lol. Now I don’t NEED them. Its funny I don’t eat because I’m hungry I eat cause I know its time to do so. Lol. It’s like “Okay I need to eat now”. Its not like “oh I’m starving”.

I read that if you are getting to the point where you are seriously hungry than you aren’t eating enough throughout the day.

Eat often. Metabolism goes up.

I mean how I started was doing by it little steps at a time. I cut out white bread, than Pasta. Pasta it seems like it is healthy for you. It’s not unless it’s wholegrain pasta. The little amount you eat gives you too too many carbs than you need. And when you eat pasta you eat a ton cause it doesn’t fill the void. The bad out weighs the good for sure. I than cut out fried foods, and than all processed foods.

My only weakness is seeing a cookie and being like yeah I can go for a cookie. Lol.

Yeah changing your diet is tough, but it’s worth it. I don’t feel fatigue, and like crap all day. Since I changed my diet my anemia is finally not as bad as it use to be. I have dangerously low levels. I’m finally in normal range. Low normal, but way better.

 

It is possible to be healthy on a ship. You just have to make the right decisions. J

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thats great to hear Sweetheart, I'm glad you're able to stick with your healthy eating, I know you were worried about it before getting on the ship. Kisses.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how that was I'm a vegetarian (by force) lol so its good to know I can still keep my diet

    ReplyDelete