Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Formal NIght

If you already don’t know, Formal nights happen on ships. Everyone dresses in their best, takes pictures, and have fancy dinners, and all that jazz. Not everyone participates, but the crew has to wear his or her formal uniform. Which includes what I use to wear for the Buffalo Club for some crewmembers. There are two formal nights on a each 14 day run. It’s done on a sea day as well. The uniform varies by sex, and position. Male photogs, and videographers have to wear black dress pants vest, bow tie for photogs and regular ties for video peeps. Women wear black dress pants, heels, or nice shoes, black dress shirt with a black blazer. We definitely get a better deal. Lol. It looks good. I only had to dress in formal wear because one: the editing suite is in a passenger area. Whenever in a passenger area you MUST be in uniform. Formal night means you MUST be in your formal Wear. And two: because I had to take the department picture. All photo staff gets their picture done, and they make a Christmas card, and send it to all other departments. I wasn’t happy when I took my picture so I hope that doesn’t show. I don’t know it was kinda cool to see everyone’s formal uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment