Saturday, December 19, 2009

My worst day



Sorry that I haven't written in a few days. It's expensive to be on the internet....especially since I am still broke. 

So, it has been about a week since I’ve been on board, and we ported in Ensenada, Mexico. I got my Laminex the other day, and I was hungover as ever. I had to get it at 930am. I hate drinking, and that’s all there is to do socially on this damn ship.

I have not had a good day today. It’s been a week, and I’m homesick?? That the fuck is wrong with you Amber? Ask my parents I never get homesick. It’s hard for me to miss anything. I was talking about Buffalo actually. It probably stems from that. Christmas is 6 days away ☹ I’m too much of a Buffalo Girl I guess. I miss the snow.

I miss my family sooo much. I miss Craig insanely. ☹ My mom sent me pics of my niece and nephews, and I was so excited to get pics of them. They were cute as always.
Ya know I am sooooo sick of people telling me here on this damn ship that I wouldn’t be on here doing a cruise if Craig, and I were meant to be. I DON’T GET IT! I didn’t come here to look for a soul mate!! I’m not here to fucking scope out guys. I already have mine. ☺ I came here for this wonderful job opportunity.

What really is bothering me is how I’m pretty on my own here. I didn’t port because I was tired, I didn’t feel like doing it by myself. I don’t know People that well to be bothering them and being like “hey can I tag along to whatever while we’re in Ensenada?” I keep thinking Christmas and New years is gonna be the same way. ☹ I’ve always had good holidays. This might be my first shitty holiday season.

Also GUYS DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT BEING FRIENDS MEANS!!!!!!! I can’t stand it. What part of I’m involved with someone don’t you understand?! It’s the whole being away from him that throws people. They’re thinking “oh well she’s here, and it obviously doesn’t mean much cause she wouldn’t be here if it were that strong of a relationship.” That’s a mindset I can’t wrap my head around. Now I pretty much have to be a bitch to this guy, and say look you don’t get it so stay away from me. I hate how things have to come to that.

I love my job. I get to do camera work, edit, and design flyers. I love it. I honestly love my job. I fucking hate this small town Bullshit. I am so sick of the dirty looks girls give me for no reason. Like seriously I’ve been on board for a week, what did I possibly do to you? I actually made it known to one girl that I wasn’t a little innocent naïve girl. I don’t care who you are. You’re not gonna be a bitch for me…especially if it is unwarranted. “Like do we have a problem?” ok, cause I was just checking.

My roommate and I are talking a lil more now. I actually feel a lil more comfortable now. The photo Dept…..Oy…What can I say? Its hard getting in with them. They are the most unwelcoming bunch ever. It’s taking time, but at least there is some progress.

I actually feel a ton better after getting all that out.

2 comments:

  1. aweeee.. Amber! you are funny!! Girls are hating like that on the ship?? lol.. Wow!! Do they work in your department? But I totally understand where your coming from. When i'm on the set of TRAUMA the girls.... Oh wow!! Totally MEAN!! They ignore me and give me dirty looks and what not! Like im in there to try and steal there jobs away from them.. I dont understand it.. They can all kiss my ass!! Ya feel me! The men though, very very helpful. WEIRD!!! idk. but anyhow. Just ignore all those mean ppl, they dont deserve to know you until they can stop being JERKS!! ya knw.. And as for all the guys on the ship trying to steal your heart. Just keep telling them that your taken..Eventually they will get the picture. HOPEFULLY!! if not then just PUSH them over BOARD!! lol.. So, whats up with the Photo departement? Why do you need to have contact with them? And your roommate does she work in your department? Oh and who else works in your department with you? Alot more ppl or just you??? Well, girl you've only been there a week so making the kinda of friends you like will take time. So just be patient. Well im so happy to hear that staying STRONG regardless. I thought you were heading home for Christmas?? Well if not. Sorry. N remember that next year will be better.. k. Luv, hugs & smooches!! Jewells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww mane. Reading what you write makes me think we're similar. I know i will definitely miss my bf and i dare someone to speak on something they know nothing about. If i travel during the holidays i know i will feel the same...there goes that catch again lol

    ReplyDelete