Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hawaii Tours

My first tour was on Christmas day. The waterfall, cave and lagoon trek. That was pretty awesome.(Minus the ruining my camera part) Oh well. I have been thinking about getting a better one anyway.

 

My second tour yesterday was the Diamond Head Crater. It was a hike. Not a bad one at all. Fairly easy. With camera gear I did pretty sweet. Lol. It’s narrow though going up. Amazing views.  Loads of people there1 It’s crazy the amount of ppl. I thought it was short…maybe only because it was pretty much packed. The place used to be an old military installation,so at the top you had to kinda crawl through this bunker thing. I think that edit was my best yet. Hell I get all amazed watching my own work. Lol. The music and everything just fits!!

 

Today I did my 3rd tour. It was of the Na Pali coastline. “Na Pali Expedition” I started off great. I was excited. I took two cameras with me. One for regular stuff, scenics, and the people. Than the other one was for the underwater stuff we were SUPPOSED to do. I was kinda bummed out. I really couldn’t wait to use the underwater camera gear. Than dude tells us all that the surf Might be too rough. If that is the case you wont be able to see anything anyway. It’s really unsafe to snorkel in crazy waves anyway. Lol. We got to Going along the coastline and Amazing views!!! We got to see Dolphins. People flipped out and just cry over this stuff. I mean I get excited too. I remember when I saw my first in person wild Dolphin. It was in the harbor of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I was like fucking sweet! Lol

 

That Experience than came upon me again when I got to see a Humpback Whale for the first time ever. Lol. It was really cool. Getting a shot of this random occurrence was challenge for sure. I haven’t looked at my footage yet. It’s hard to keep track of exactly what you have since the sun is so bright.

 

Growing up I was poor, and this experience just reminded of me how like I never got to do any of those expensive things that they offer in school. Like the whole whaling watching trip, they offer it to all school. Like, the DC trip, or the Europe trip, My high school didn’t even do a senior class trip(boo to that for sure). My family could never afford those things. But Now I am getting in all those cool things in my life. I can say I didn’t peak in High school. lol. I didn’t see all I could see in my teen years. I’m almost grateful to be unfortunate growing up. I think it benefited me way more than if I had been spoiled or something.

 

 

The passengers on the trip were really nice. Actually met this couple from Buffalo. Lol. The bus driver on the way to the harbor was really picking on me. Lol. Fun times though. So the ride was great. Until Amber was like oy I want to go to sleep. What that means is I was getting sea sick-My body just wants to shut down. I can usually keep it together. Yeah there were people that were doing some barfing. I was like wow. Lol. It was a small boat. I don’t know the exact kind though. I was just waiting to get into the water. Than that night turned into a no Go. L So after that it was down hill for me. It was a long boat ride. I never thought I’d wish to be back on the ship and back in my cabin sleeping. I did enjoy it though. I am now getting back to my zen. lol.

 

Tomorrow I am doing an actual whale watching tour. I hope to god it’s not like the boat I was on today. I don’t want to be in a boat for hours on end. Wish me luck. J

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey I've been producing corporate video in England for the last couple of years but looking at doing some traveling and visiting my brother in new zealand. These blogs have given me a real good insight into what being a cruise videographer so thank you ... but how much money exactly would you say I would earn on a 6 month contract? After I've spent all money on phone calls, Internet and all the extras you buy on board?

    Cheers
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon!

      This is crazy late! but I hope your contract was good. I assume by now you are all wrapped up with it and done with your first one. U can save quite a bit...if you dnt have many bills at home. Let me know how you're doing!! :-)

      Delete