Sunday, December 27, 2009

Honolulu Port of call


So yesterday after I did my tour I got to go out in about in Honolulu. Honolulu is our longest port day. We arrive there at 7am, and leave at 11pm. My tour ended at 1230pm. I captured my footage, than went to the mall.

 THE MALL IS INSANELY HUGE!! It was packed too.  Didn’t help that it was the day after Christmas.

They have free shuttles around. Which is awesome. J They have one to Wal-mart. Of course right!! Lol. But the mall is like a block away.

I spent my day shopping. Not by choice. I needed to get White sneakers. And uniform stuff. I had to buy a Hawaiian shirt. They give us one, but since I’m a videographer our uniform is different and we kinda make it what we want just as long as we are following the same idea. People liked my Hawaiian shirt J Of course its black. Black, with White, and red. Not a crazy loud one. Lol.

I wanted to See Avatar, but I wanted to get back and edit before Island night. I did finish my tour edit. J I’ll see in next cruise.

Island night wasn’t as lively as the one I witnessed last cruise. Not a very exciting bunch…well maybe not enough of the passengers came. Equinox (one of the bands on the ship) usually gets the party going quick. Didn’t happen this time. Lol

Tommy, my musician friend, who happens to be in that band-Well band leader…whatever…lol. He was telling me how he thinks his band isn’t in the Video enough or at al for that matter. He says the passengers say they’d like them to be on the dvd. I naturally try, and get everything that is going on at in an event. I want to capture the whole atmosphere. Try and give the clearest picture I can. I always get the band. We have 5 on board. Whatever event I film I make sure to get the band. Mainly for cutaways. But they don’t have to know that. Lol. Seriously though it does add a certain element to the edit. I like to have that kind of stuff in my edits.

I was filming them, like I had told Tommy I would, he was pleasantly surprised to see that I followed through. J I guess a person’s word on board doesn’t mean anything. I heard some stories of the Videographer making promises that they never keep-I’m all about making people happy. They want to be on the dvd I’ll make sure they make the dvd. Hell why not put a happy person on the dvd crew member or not? Whether or not the footage makes the edit it is not my call if I’m not assigned to edit it. I offered to edit that event but I haven’t heard from Stephan yet. I still have to edit my tour from today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment